PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with PSPGenesis

JasonSantucci
September 29th, 2005, 08:35
Ok, I can run the actual program fine, and have enjoyed using many games for it, however one has struck me as acting odd for no reason.

I have a game called "Shining In The Darkness", and it has the strangest habit of thinking that the A and C buttons are a different type of "cancel", for example, if you enter one of the shops and attempt to buy something, if you click the B button, they say something along the lines of "That's too bad" or "Sorry to hear".

This is where it gets annoying, because both th A and C confirm buttons force the same message to appear. It is not the ROM, because I have tried it in Gens, NeoGenesis etc. and it plays fine.

Anybody have any experience with this glitch? Or any solutions?

Thanks to all who help.

KuZu
November 28th, 2005, 02:04
i have the exact same problem.

there are 2 really big issues that i have with PSPGenesis (i have ver 0.18c).i have found these problems while playing Shining Force.

1. saving using the in-game saving feature (talking to a monk, "would u like to save ur progress blah blah") is flawed. there have been several times when i started the Rom, went through the regular in-game menu to load a saved game, and was placed several battles back from where i actually saved. that just sucks.

2. more importantly. like u said, sometimes the button recognition is f^cked up. for the most part, this hasnt affected my game. (sometimes like when u complete a chapter, it asks if u want to save, but it doesnt actually save.. so i just use the save state feature.) btw, the save state feature works excellent.

OK so heres the problem! been playing for hours and hours. ive finished chapter 6 or so. after defeating Kane at Dragonia, i went back to Pao. u get directed to talk to Krin (or Karin w/e) and she asks, "Do you have the manual?" i input "No" and she still says "So where is it?". i get stuck in an endless cycle that does not change. also there is no way out of the town once u have entered it. ive changed the button configurations as well; still doesnt work.

basically what this means is I CANT PLAY THIS GAME ON PSPGENESIS because of this glitch.

Question: has anyone actually played Shining Force 1 past this point, and if so, what emulator do u use??

also, is it possible to copy my save state or regular save to another emulator? i tried putting the DGen v1.11b and putting the saves into the save folder, but it was not listed.

if someone could help me out here, id really appreciate it. This is one of my favorite games of all times, and would like to play it in full.