PDA

View Full Version : backing up games

lilyloo
May 21st, 2008, 17:22
ok..so..this is all quite confusing but am beginning to get my head around it...

I have ordered an acekard2 and micro sd cards .. it all seems pretty straight forward if i want to transfer anything already on my computer to my DS...however..how do i backup my games?? Iv googled etc and it seems to be that I have to download a homebrew application on to the sd..transfer this on to the ds..use the ds wifi..make a rom...starts gettin confusing..!!!

DanTheManMS
May 22nd, 2008, 00:41
I'm gonna have to point you to the rules here. We can't discuss DS backups, sorry.

lilyloo
May 22nd, 2008, 13:07
why??? it isnt illegal to back up games that i have already paid for and own..it is only illegal to download roms etc

there is nothing illegal about copying the games i own so i have them all on the 1 card instead of caryring numerous cartridges around with me

JKKDARK
May 22nd, 2008, 16:54
It's not illegal to backup your games, don't worry. But according to the rules (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=212&a=4), we cannot discuss it here.

DanTheManMS
May 24th, 2008, 05:00
From my understanding, the "backup" rule is only legal if you actually use it as a backup, keeping it in storage in case the original breaks. Copying it to one card for convenience does not fall under this category. Even then, I'm probably wrong, as I think dumping a DS game requires breaking its encryption, which is certainly illegal.

Regardless of the legality, the rules state we cannot discuss it here.