PDA

View Full Version : Running Homebew with R4 help...

goombakid
May 22nd, 2008, 00:59
Hi all!

Just started venturing into DS Homebrew, had minimal success, so I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

Here's what I have:

Original NDS (Graphite) with FlashMe installed (thinking it was version 7 or something), and an R4DS

Just started getting my feet wet and wanted to try BubbleWrap DS, Tickle Girl, and DrummerS.

I've tried just using the R4 and putting the .nds files on my TF card. BubbleWrapDS and DrummerS both would show the start screen, but it won't let me start, like the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. Tickle Girl would load, but then give me white screens.

I got some homebrew to work (Pocket Physics, UkuleleDS), but wanted to try these out (especially Tickle Girl :p)

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I am running the lastest firmware that the R4 site has (1.18).

Thanks All!

DanTheManMS
May 24th, 2008, 04:56
TickleGirl doesn't work on any slot-1 devices. BubbleWrapDS and DrummerS may have been built with an older version of PALib which is known to break touchscreen support with R4 devices. Can you verify if this is what they were made with?

Seems like you just got back luck with the exact homebrew titles you wanted to play on your specific homebrew device.

goombakid
May 25th, 2008, 05:30
As it goes for PALib, I really wouldn't know what or how to find out what version used.

I found my SuperCard SD, so I tried loading the .sc.nds for BubbleWrapDS and DrummerS on it, and it works just fine. Couldn't get Tickle Girl to work though. I finally got a title screen, but it won't go past that now.

:\ I dunno. I think I just have to learn more.

For now, Pocket Physics is fun!:thumbup:

Thanks for the reply!