PDA

View Full Version : custom firmware problems

dctravis
May 24th, 2008, 06:40
ok this is my first post on this website but let me get rght to the problem. I have a PSP Fat that for some reason I am having trouble with apps and downgrading. I was running 3.40 Oe-a and was having problems and finally was able to upgrade to 3.52 m33 and have the same problems. Many apps do not run. When i try to run them my psp screen goes black and the power stays on. From what i have heard it is semi bricked. I have to restart and go into the recovery mode to get back to the main screen. I want to go back to 3.03 oe-c because that was the firmware that i had the easiest time with and everything that i use worked with. My main problem is that whenever i try to use downgraders and recovery packs, my psp semi bricks. it does not load the porgram at all. It just immediately semi bricks. If anyone knows an easy way to downgrade from 3.52 m33 to 3.03 oe-c or 1.5 i would love to hear it, because nothing has worked so far. The app that i am mainly trying to get to work is daedalus(n64 emmulator) which was working perfectly with certain games on 3.03 oe-c. Also would anybody know of any working sega saturn, gameboy advanced, or even psx emulators. Also does anybody know of any ways to get Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace & Resident Evil Directors Cut for psx to work on psp. Thank you all for reading and sorry about the varrying topic but i dont have a whole lot of time to post and wanted to condense all to one post. Thanks

by the way i know how to do most things with psp files and apps but please explain in noob words anything too technical or advanced.

DC OUT !!!

NeonGenesis
May 30th, 2008, 03:41
Attempting to just straight downgrade does not really sound to me like the best solution for the problems you are having, honestly. If you are using a genuine Sony battery (i.e., the one that came with it) and have a spare memory stick, I would think that converting your battery and a spare memory stick over to a 'Pandora' battery and a 'Despertar del Cementerio' memory stick and un-bricking to the latest custom firmware would work best for you.

If you are not familiar with those tools, I'll explain briefly. A Pandora battery is a PSP battery that has it's internal flash set to a value that causes the PSP to go into a special service mode. A Pandora battery can be purchased hard-wired or you can, for free, convert an existing compatible battery with a tool included in the Pandora creator application you put on your PSP (If you do convert a battery, it can always be un-converted back into a regular battery, by the way). This service mode will bypass the PSP's flash, and subsequently the firmware and any bricking that may have happened to it. It then runs the Pandora code that the Pandora installer process will have guided you into putting on a memory stick. The original Pandora memory stick program allows for the restoration of any PSP-1001 (Fat) model PSP back to a fully clean 1.50 firmware.

This is where the Despertar del Cementerio tool comes in. Created by the amazing Dark_Alex, who also is the creator of the OE/M33 custom firmware, this tool can be added to a Pandora memory stick and allows you to wipe and install on your PSP a clean copy of a certain version of custom firmware. The latest version of Despertar del Cementerio is version 5, which will bring your PSP up to a clean, unbricked 3.90 M33.

The newer custom firmwares are far more feature rich than 3.03 OE-C, I assure you, and this would solve the semi-brick troubles you are having. Do a Google search for 'PSP Pandora Battery guide' and a ton of results will come up. The Despertar del Cementerio v5 tool is available from Dark_Alex's site (http://www.dark-alex.org/), and a Google search will undoubtedly turn up guides on that, too.

As for your later questions:
Saturn? No.

Gameboy Advanced? Very much yes. gpSP is almost fully compatible. Search for it.

Playstation 1? You've already got it. Custom firmwares 3.02-OE and up contain support for PS1 through Sony's own POPS emulator, which they use to release official PS1 downloads through the Playstation Store. Custom firmwares, though, have the added benefit of the 'Popstation' tool, which allows you to convert almost ANY PS1 disk image (ISO) into a PSP-compatible eboot. If you own a legitimate copy of a PS1 game and would like to play it on your PSP, simply do a Google search for 'popstation help', and you'll get some further assistance. Be warned, PS1 games are often very large (300-750 mb), so you need the memory stick space to go with it.

Hope this helps.