PDA

View Full Version : I have a quick question regarding snes9x

Encryptor
September 30th, 2005, 17:43
Hello everyone. I'm new to these forums, but i've gotten everything working fine. I just have a quick question. I downloaded snes9xTYL-0.2c, and I have it working, but I'm just having an issue. I've been reading posts on these forums about how all of your games run great and you love the emu, but I'm not getting the fps that you guys are. I ran Kirby's Superstar and I put everything to the best (333mhz, no sound, ect.) and the best I got was 18 fps. 18fps is unplayable in my book, because it takes 10 seconds to attack a guy and move. Lufia 2 on max settings I was getting a steady 58 fps which is fine, but in games like kirby and contra 3, my fps is horrific even on max level. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is this a known issue? Thanks for any advise you can give me. :)

EDIT: Could my issue be that this is an older version of this emu? I downloaded this from a random website, so I don't know if it's the newest one. If so, just tell me and I'll search for the latest version. Thanks! :)

parabolee
September 30th, 2005, 18:18
I havn't tried those games but I get great speed in the games I play. My settigns are usually around -

CPU - 333mhz
Frame skip 1 or 2
Sound 22khz

Also try turning Transparency off, that gives a good speed boost.

xuphorz
September 30th, 2005, 19:13
kirby superstar is like mario rpg, you need a near perfect emulator to run it right

lufia 2 is just far too grahpical for almost any emulator

Encryptor
September 30th, 2005, 20:11
Alright thanks, I didn't know about those games. I'll look for other ones that require less resources then. :)