PDA

View Full Version : Research Says Video Games Are For Dudes

wraggster
May 27th, 2008, 14:12
Stanford professor Allan Reiss published an article in the Journal of Psychiatric Research which states that women are not a driven as men in gaming. His research analyzed MRI data that showed activity in brain's mesocorticolimbic center, the area typically associated with reward and addiction, for both sexes. However! There was more acitviy in the male brain. According to Reiss:

These gender differences might help explain why males are more attracted to, and more likely to become "hooked" on, video games than females. I think it's fair to say that males tend to be more intrinsically territorial. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who historically are the conquerors and tyrants of our species.

Certainly, Reiss might have evidence in hard science, but it sure sounds like he's totally underestimating women. Lots of them are "hooked" on games! Some are tyrants, too!!

http://kotaku.com/5011035/research-says-video-games-are-for-dudes

kcajblue
May 28th, 2008, 03:03
video games are for everyone.
there are girl gamers out there.
not only guys.

downloaddownload
May 28th, 2008, 13:17
Yeah but if it wasnt for Intellegence we wouldnt have the ability to rethink things that are naturally there.

inlovewithi
May 29th, 2008, 08:46
When I was kid there was only I only new of only one male kid out of thousands who didn't like video games, and he was gay.