PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto 1 on popstation

woop
May 27th, 2008, 23:06
Alright ive seen numoerous youtube videos of people playing gta 1 on there psps. Ironicly thats the only game I cant manage to get working? It always just stops at the loading bar and I have tried all firmwares through popsloader. Anybody know how?

wolfpack
May 29th, 2008, 02:21
i got it to work on mine fine, dont know why it wont work on yours

woop
May 29th, 2008, 03:08
What firmware on posploader lol. Did you change the games id?

Tetris999
May 29th, 2008, 05:59
maybe its a problem with your .iso?

woop
May 29th, 2008, 06:33
it works fine until the loading screen..... I do own it and ripped it myself, ive tried bin,iso and img types but still no go.
of i forgot is yours NTSC? or PAL? Mine is NTSC.

bruno.m
May 30th, 2008, 01:56
i was having the same problem but with other game.. try pops 3.40, works fine with me

woop
May 30th, 2008, 03:14
So you have grand theft auto 1 working? i Know 2 works great but 1 is just no go. Also does anybody have the gta london 1969 no cd swap patch?

littlecoopsxxx
May 30th, 2008, 07:42
grand theft auto 1 not that incredibly great to be causing that much fuss and hasstle about, surely? if you are that way inclined to play 2d games maybe you should not be useing a psp...when you have versions such as Vice City then in my opinion the previous become obcerlete.

woop
May 30th, 2008, 08:12
grand theft auto 1 not that incredibly great to be causing that much fuss and hasstle about, surely? if you are that way inclined to play 2d games maybe you should not be useing a psp...when you have versions such as Vice City then in my opinion the previous become obcerlete.

Wow I never thought I would get a reply like that on DCEMU The HOMEBREW NETWORK..................... I did originally buy my psp for the great games it has but I do enjoy some of the older games, like nintendo and the original GTA series with the top down look. For one ive already beat both GTAs for psp, they get boring. So what I like the old school GTA games, who are you to judge me???

pibs
May 30th, 2008, 08:19

If your not going to say something helpful then don't say nothing at all.

I had the same problem and not just with this game too. Might be that its a bad rip, try it on a psx pc emulator and see if it works fine on there. Have you tried using PSX2PSP?

woop
May 30th, 2008, 08:23
If your not going to say something helpful then don't say nothing at all.

I had the same problem and not just with this game too. Might be that its a bad rip, try it on a psx pc emulator and see if it works fine on there. Have you tried using PSX2PSP?

Yes I only use PSX2PSP, it works just fine on ePSXe lol. Now I know GTA London 1969 works but I cant find the no disc swap patch for it, because popsloader doesn't let you change discs with this game.

pibs
May 30th, 2008, 08:32
okay its been a long time i haven't really messed with my psp but i think what your looking for is CWCheat its a plugin prx i believe that allows you to do swap

Edit: Check you PMs I sent you some info there