PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Wii Homebrew Help

zeroist
May 27th, 2008, 23:35
Alright. I read through out this forum and I still havent a found a single thing that I fully understand how to do. I recently (today) saw the new wii homebrew channel come up. I want to do install it, yet I don't understand exactly how to get going (upload games, programs to run it, etc etc). The tut sounds good, just not knowing what to do with the software to get going.

-I have a SD card, yet i have no clue how to format it to "FAT"
-I have a windows computer
-I DO NOT know how to get games

Would anyone be willing to share some of their knowledge with me? Everything will be greatly appreciated. =D

mobiusdt
May 28th, 2008, 00:50
Formatting Your SD card--

Make sure you do this BEFORE you put anything on the card, as it will erase everything on the card.

Insert the SD card into your computer in whatever method you have. Click on "My Computer" OR when the pop up asks what you want to do with the card, say explore this drive, then hit the up arrow button at the top of the window.

From here you should see the various drives on your computer, RIGHT click the SD card (it will say 'removable drive' most likely) and somewhere down the list it will say 'format...' click that. Make sure you have selected the right drive, as YOU WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE DRIVE.

A screen will pop up, at the top it has the card capacity (this will be just below the actual amount you card says it has, if it doesn't you're looking at the wrong drive.) Below that card file system, click on the file system drop down and select FAT (do not select FAT32, the wii won't recognize it). then hit start. It should only take a few seconds for it to work.

As for everything else, well I'm getting ready to try it all, so you're in the same boat as me there.

zeroist
May 28th, 2008, 00:56
Thank you! I VERY much appreciate your help. This will put me one step closer. Thanks again! =D

Formatting Your SD card--

Make sure you do this BEFORE you put anything on the card, as it will erase everything on the card.

Insert the SD card into your computer in whatever method you have. Click on "My Computer" OR when the pop up asks what you want to do with the card, say explore this drive, then hit the up arrow button at the top of the window.

From here you should see the various drives on your computer, RIGHT click the SD card (it will say 'removable drive' most likely) and somewhere down the list it will say 'format...' click that. Make sure you have selected the right drive, as YOU WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE DRIVE.

A screen will pop up, at the top it has the card capacity (this will be just below the actual amount you card says it has, if it doesn't you're looking at the wrong drive.) Below that card file system, click on the file system drop down and select FAT (do not select FAT32, the wii won't recognize it). then hit start. It should only take a few seconds for it to work.

As for everything else, well I'm getting ready to try it all, so you're in the same boat as me there.