PDA

View Full Version : Wolfpack Has Been Infected With: The Red Ring of Death

wolfpack
May 28th, 2008, 04:25
Well, today I was going to start playing Guitar Hero 3, but then I noticed that the sound sounded kind of fuzzy, so i was tweaking my equalizer and just as i was about to start playing again, i noticed the pause screen froze. I didnt think it was a big deal, so I turned off my xbox. I waited a minute and then I turned it back on, then i noticed I had a black screen.... then I looked down at my xbox... *Dramatic music plays* RED RING OF DEATH!

It made me very upset, im now gonna be sending in my xbox to get it fixed and hopefully i should be playing again by the end of june. Ill be using my dads xbox, thank god he has one.

Anyone here get the Red Ring of Death yet?

Shadowblind
May 28th, 2008, 04:28
Well, today I was going to start playing Guitar Hero 3, but then I noticed that the sound sounded kind of fuzzy, so i was tweaking my equalizer and just as i was about to start playing again, i noticed the pause screen froze. I didnt think it was a big deal, so I turned off my xbox. I waited a minute and then I turned it back on, then i noticed I had a black screen.... then I looked down at my xbox... *Dramatic music plays* RED RING OF DEATH!

It made me very upset, im now gonna be sending in my xbox to get it fixed and hopefully i should be playing again by the end of june. Ill be using my dads xbox, thank god he has one.

Anyone here get the Red Ring of Death yet?

Microsoft is the laziest bunch of ****ing people EVER. Really the only reason I buy they're lame console is because of the insane games and amazing online. The games are amazing, they're console and servicing isn't.

I'm on my second RRoD now. I wasn't gonna wait, though because NG2 comes out in 6 days. I fixed it by overheating the memory cores. its fine, but i voided warranty. But not my Wal Mart warranty :)

kcajblue
May 28th, 2008, 04:38
lol. i havent owned an xbox ever since they first came out.
never have, most likely never will.

but they do have some good games.

JKKDARK
May 28th, 2008, 04:40
Don't worry, Microsoft will give you a new Xbox 360

Shadowblind
May 28th, 2008, 04:45
but they do have some good games.

The very best.

ninja9393
May 28th, 2008, 04:55
Join The Club (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108895)

I did lol

Kaiser
May 28th, 2008, 09:44
Heh,

been lucky enough myself to avoid the ring despite having a fairly old xbox.

Darksaviour69
May 28th, 2008, 11:07
Bought an xbox in oct/nov 06, got the 3 red lights in about march 07. It was preowned but I got it from GAME, which have a years warranty on all preowned consoles, so I just went to game, got it replaced that day. Then I sold my xbox in sept before I left. I heard that the guy I sold it to got 3 red light 2 months after I sold it to him, and MS would not repair it as it was not registered in his name. sucks to be him.

And today I'm ordering a (new) premium xbox with halo 3 and Gta 4 for £208 of amazon. Think I would rather the 3 years warranty over a 1 years preowned warranty

edit: moved to xbox forums

beetroot bertie
May 28th, 2008, 14:17
Sorry to hear about your 360 wolfpack. I know what it's like.

Fortunately I got mine back pretty quickly. I hope you do too.

wolfpack
May 29th, 2008, 02:32
yea i hope i get it back quickly too, at least i get it done for free and getting a free month of xbox live out of the deal, that makes me happy.

im just glad my dad also has a 360 and hes letting me borrow it, now since finals will be all done tomorrow, i can finally play GTA IV on xbox live.

if you guys see me, feel free to text me or chat
Gamertag: MrGadget789