PDA

View Full Version : Jansport Maffia Backpack

IndianCheese
October 1st, 2005, 04:36
You may be wondering why there is a review for a backpack in a PSP review, but this backpack was made for the PSP. This backpack boasts many PSP fan-loving atrributes. It contains a side pocket to store the PSP in for easy access, which will also hold the Logitech Playgear Pocket, NyKo Charger Case, or a variety of Pelican cases. Or, if you are leaving your PSP and want it to be secure, there is a hidden side pocket that has a thin zipper strip and a tiny zipper pull to keep it from being noticed easily. It is impossible to see in on the black model when looking at it from more that 15 feet away. I only realized was there after the first 3 weeks of having it! The best feature, obviously, would be, what Jansport calls it, the "Lo-Jack Audio". Inside the side pocket of the backpack is a wire that can plug directly into the PSP's headphone jack or the remote. You may then plug your headphones directly into the shoulder strap of the backpack! View the pictures below to see the backpack, the side pocket, and the shoulder strap headphone outlet. The model of the backpack shown is one of (I think) 2 different colors. The model shown is the grey/blue model, and the other is the black/red model. The backpack will come with an extra set of tying straps, depending on the color scheme. Grey model comes with grey and blue straps, black model comes with black and red straps. Here (http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=25436&CatID=25913&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0cbb26c&ProdSeq=1&ProdCount=1&Dep=Bed+%26amp%3b+Bath&RefPage=SearchDepartment&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=jansport+maffia&S4DeptID=25436) is the link to the JCPenney online product view of the backpack. NOTE: When viewing different colors in the photos, the word "JANSPORT" on the front of the backpack appears to be white, however, in the grey model, the word is blue, and in the black model, the word is red.(Headphones, PSP, and Playgear Pocket not included.) BTW, "Maffia" is not spelled incorrectly as seen above. The actual name of this backpack has 2 letter F's in the word "Maffia", in case you would be searching above. Also, I have 2 of these; one in each color, in case you were wondering how I knew about both models.

iball
October 31st, 2005, 16:01
Not too bad for $67.99. Good find!
Although I would have liked to have seen support for the iPod/PSP remote with the built-in headphone jacks.
And the laptop carrying support is a bonus. I prefer my current one though due to the built-in shelves in the backpack itself. Can't remember the name of it right off hand due to it being at my workplace.