PDA

View Full Version : need help getting windows 95 on my psp

masterkiller27
October 1st, 2005, 06:34
could anyone give me all of the files for windows 95 on the psp just attach the files and put the directins on to i dont want a website because those are all confusing to me thanks

pepegomez
October 1st, 2005, 10:25
no. cuz noone has the win95 os as files to give u. this is a project which hasnt released yet

IndianCheese
October 1st, 2005, 16:24
no. cuz noone has the win95 os as files to give u. this is a project which hasnt released yet

Yes it has.
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/bochspsp.shtml

masterkiller27
October 1st, 2005, 18:27
could some one give me the Bochs configuration file, bochs BIOS and image files cause it says you need them in the read me but i cant find them
here is the readme
How to run:

1) Make a new directory under the PSP/GAME directory (e.g X:\PSP\GAME\BOCHS\) and copy the EBOOT.PBP file to it.
2) Create a directory named VM under the root of the memory stick (e.g X:\VM\).
3) Copy a Bochs configuration file to the VM directory and name it "bochsrc.bxrc" (a must).
4) Copy the bochs BIOS and your image files anywhere on the memory stick.
5) Edit the Bochs configuration file to point to your files. Use the "ms0:/" prefix as the root of the memory stick (e.g ms0:/VM/windows.img).
6) Run Bochs and enjoy.

engllouis
July 20th, 2006, 17:39
could anyone give me all of the files for windows 95 on the psp just attach the files and put the directins on to i dont want a website because those are all confusing to me thanksi cant find it anerwere

engllouis
July 20th, 2006, 17:51
how do you down load games on you psp

engllouis
July 20th, 2006, 17:54
how do you down load games on your psp i do not know how when i do it it comes up creuped

BlackJack23
July 20th, 2006, 18:11
Welcome to DCEMU

Check what firmware version you have. In the menu go
"Settings" or whatever and then "System Settings" and then "System Information" or something like that.
If you have a system software>1.5 then you must downgrade to use homebrew which is a relatively is process. If however, you have 2.7 or 2.71 then you are pretty much screwed and must get a modchip

Cooe14
July 20th, 2006, 21:20
First Bochs for psp sucks badly. The only good computer os emulator for the psp is basillskII.

dalejrrocks
July 20th, 2006, 21:57
Why don't you do a search for bochs? This will lead you to their sourceforge website and you can get all the new BIOS and CONFIG and EVEN SOME IMAGE FILES!! WOW! Amazing.. Now, the windows image files, you will have to make yourself. Go google linux on PSP or windows on PSP and it will lead you to a extremetech article which points out how to do it and gives links.

icelandismine
July 21st, 2006, 05:31
what it be possible to run an old, old pc game (namely x-com, which is abadonware and thus not pirating anymore) on the psp using one of these emulators?

dalejrrocks
July 21st, 2006, 12:45
hm.. it might be, but it would be slow. i know that you can run some games on dosbox.