PDA

View Full Version : no need for twilight princess anymore!!

dahun
May 29th, 2008, 21:16
u dont need tp anymore!

just copy the homebrew channel to an sd then u can put back on the wii

give me a min and ill post a dl for it :p

edit: ok here is the file its got a readme on how to use it (should be simple tho)

their might be some varition from us to ue to jap consoles just tell me what the channel folder is or change it ur self

Shrygue
May 29th, 2008, 23:56
I just tried this and it does not want to copy to my United Kingdom Wii console., not sure if it's me or if that package only works for the console it was installed though.

dahun
May 30th, 2008, 01:13
i installed it through a us version can you upload urs so we can get them all so we dont need to use tp anymore?

skroooagh
May 30th, 2008, 13:48
I just tried this on my PAL console -didn't work. I'm guessing it will only work on one console (yours) and won't work for anyone else. If it IS a region thing then I'd love it if someone uploaded their PAL version as I don't have a copy of TP to install my own.

Cloudhunter
May 30th, 2008, 17:47
Alas; If only it was that easy.

Unfortunately, it isn't. When you install it, it installs a "ticket" to your Wii which allows the channel to work. Without this ticket, it won't work. The ticket needs to be installed using homebrew :)

Cloudy

dahun
May 30th, 2008, 20:06
hmm.... i dint know that

so i guess the only use for this is if u want to update it and u dont want/got internet on your wii or want/cant install through twilight hack

o well i guess well need to find a universal exploit Maybe the internet channel or vote channel perhaps?

____anders____
June 1st, 2008, 02:06
nah, i don't think so, but you can always try;)

anyways, the HBC really rocks!:)

Nmc01
August 11th, 2008, 02:39
I tried installing the Homebrew Channel and I live in the U.S. I followed the instructions precisely! The only problem is that the Homebrew Channel is in my SD Card, and I can't copy it to my Wii! Does anyone know how to get the Homebrew Channel on your Wii? (Excluding the Twilight Hack because I don't have Twilight Princess for the Wii.)

h2923j42n2
August 11th, 2008, 15:43
Unless your Wii is modified with a drive chip, you will need the Twilight Hack in order to install it. If you have a drive chip, you can make a disc image of the installer, and install the Homebrew Channel onto your Wii.

Nmc01
August 11th, 2008, 19:56
Well, do I have to get a modded drive chip
OR
Mod my own drive chip?

If I have to get a modded drive chip, well, where do I get it?:confused:

If I have to mod my own drive chip, how do I modify it?:confused:

Sorry for all these questions. All this is news to me and I have never found another method to acquire the Homebrew Channel other than the Twilight Hack.:(

h2923j42n2
August 12th, 2008, 02:56
Do you have a drive chip (also known as a "modchip")? If you do, all you have to do is go to http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/, and download the disc image of the installer. Also, keep in mind that you need to be below the 3.3 firmware. If you are below 3.3, you can then install it without the use of the Twilight Hack.

If you are at 3.3, or you do not have a modchip in your Wii, as of right now, you will need to use the Twilight Hack in order to install the Homebrew Channel onto your Wii.

Nmc01
August 15th, 2008, 02:29
:eek: There's always a dead end for everything I strive to get...why? There is NO way I'm buying a modchip.

Meh. Well, I suppose I could borrow Twilight Princess from a friend. Problem is, they dont have one. AAAAAAH!!!

For sure the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess won't work. They just HAD to put TP on BOTH consoles. :mad:

Hopefully other games will be available to use for obtaining that hard-to-get Homebrew Channel, or a new, yet simple method.

lilcv4l2006
August 23rd, 2008, 00:56
hey mines got to the the sd card but whenever i try copying it it doesent let me ...

what should i do

Jhonnyblitz
August 29th, 2008, 03:27
I tryed downloading the file straight to my Wii, but the internet channel said: "240020: fileformat unknown/unknown not supported."

kryssi
September 2nd, 2008, 17:10
hey will it work on a 3.3 wii

Shrygue
September 2nd, 2008, 21:03
No it will not and as this is old, the thread is now locked.