PDA

View Full Version : Access the Recovery Menu without R?

factor remix
May 30th, 2008, 01:59
Is there a program, or Firmware to access the Recovery Menu without the R? The problem is.. I don't have a R button :(. I need this for joysens (because I don't have an analog stick neither... :()

Is there something I can use to access the recovery menu, or perhaps, changing the button? I want to play Final Fantasy 7 again...

Thanks

factor remix
May 30th, 2008, 03:03
Anyone...?

NeonGenesis
May 30th, 2008, 04:38
Just out of curiosity... WTF happened to your PSP!? No R trigger and no analog stick? :p

I don't know about an alternative access to recovery because I've never needed it. Is there some way to possibly close the metal contacts with some conductor (like a paper clip) so the PSP interprets it as a depressed R trigger?

factor remix
May 30th, 2008, 04:46
Just out of curiosity... WTF happened to your PSP!? No R trigger and no analog stick? :p

I don't know about an alternative access to recovery because I've never needed it. Is there some way to possibly close the metal contacts with some conductor (like a paper clip) so the PSP interprets it as a depressed R trigger?

Nop...

Well, I think it means that I'm screwed, right? I heard some days ago about a custom firmware 3.95 (something), that you could access the recovery menu from the select button.

I which I could spend my 200$ on a new psp, but I prefer making my wii mod.

NeonGenesis
May 30th, 2008, 06:00
The newer custom firmwares have a special VSH menu that you can access over the XMB that lets you adjust a couple of settings like USB and CPU clock, but it's not recovery. There is a tool that lets you access recovery from the XMB, but... you need to activate it from the recovery menu! Seriously, though, do you have a digital picture of the damage to your PSP? I'm curious to see what it is that's made it impossible to just close the contact with a conductor of some type.

Really, though, if it's in such bad shape, you really probably do need a new PSP. No analog and no trigger is really rough.

factor remix
May 30th, 2008, 12:40
The newer custom firmwares have a special VSH menu that you can access over the XMB that lets you adjust a couple of settings like USB and CPU clock, but it's not recovery. There is a tool that lets you access recovery from the XMB, but... you need to activate it from the recovery menu! Seriously, though, do you have a digital picture of the damage to your PSP? I'm curious to see what it is that's made it impossible to just close the contact with a conductor of some type.

Really, though, if it's in such bad shape, you really probably do need a new PSP. No analog and no trigger is really rough.

You ask it, you got it. Maybe the picture can make you a little mad or angry. I'm going to school right now, but later I will post it.

Just imagine a psp without UMD drive, no analog, no R button, scratched, burned, taped, etc.. :D

NeonGenesis
May 30th, 2008, 16:05
You ask it, you got it. Maybe the picture can make you a little mad or angry. I'm going to school right now, but later I will post it.

Just imagine a psp without UMD drive, no analog, no R button, scratched, burned, taped, etc.. :D

Good lord... it sounds like a freaking zombie PSP, lol! Really, if you're that bad off, I'd have to say spring for a new PSP and a silicone cover! I couldn't stand even a single one of those problems, myself.

If you're okay with gutting your PSP and want to spend maybe half the cash or less, you can always order a new UMD laser mechanism, UMD door, button set, and faceplate.