PDA

View Full Version : Gamboy/Gameboy Colour Emulator(s)?

zanaku
May 30th, 2008, 12:56
Hey there. Having seen the thrashings handed out to people asking foolish questions, I was actually rather reluctant to post. XD

I have actually searched the forum for answers, but I havn't really found any definitive answers about Gameboy emulators on the DS. the one I see mentioned often is Goomba, I believe, but from what I saw on a site linked, it is for gba? I am about to purchase a G6, just to stick a few DS games on, and now want to get some ol' gameboy/gameboy colour games on, after sadly finding my old pokemon gold cart to have faulty memory, meaning it only stores save data for around a day, before it dissapears. So, are there any gameboy/gameboy colour emulators around which are fairly stable, will run most games, and will function on a G6?

JKKDARK
May 30th, 2008, 20:25
Lameboy is the best GB/GBC emulator for DS ;)

zanaku
May 30th, 2008, 23:18
Lameboy is the best GB/GBC emulator for DS ;)

does that run at decent speeds and whatnot? I was under the impression it was not so great... I may have just heard incorrectly. XD

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 02:48
does that run at decent speeds and whatnot? I was under the impression it was not so great... I may have just heard incorrectly. XD

i'm pretty sure that the GB/GBC emulator runs at full speeds.

zanaku
May 31st, 2008, 14:01
i'm pretty sure that the GB/GBC emulator runs at full speeds.

jolly good. How do I go around installing it? is there a tutorial on the main site for installing, or even on here?

edit: nevermind, found out how. XD

by the by, despite its pointlessness, is there a GBA emulator that runs on a G6?

Danief
May 31st, 2008, 18:59
Lameboy emulates all the pokemon's perfectly, even green.

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 19:29
im not sure if there is one. if u guys know of one let me know.

DanTheManMS
June 2nd, 2008, 08:25
Goomba Color is excellent for the GBA, Lameboy works excellent on the DS. Both are good options to look into.

No, there is no GBA emulator for the DS because the DS already plays back GBA files perfectly while a software-based emulator would be slow and have tons of glitches. Nobody's going to waste time making one when perfectly-functioning hardware emulation already exists in the unit.

zanaku
June 2nd, 2008, 22:07
Goomba Color is excellent for the GBA, Lameboy works excellent on the DS. Both are good options to look into.

No, there is no GBA emulator for the DS because the DS already plays back GBA files perfectly while a software-based emulator would be slow and have tons of glitches. Nobody's going to waste time making one when perfectly-functioning hardware emulation already exists in the unit.

ah. fair enough. Thanks. XD