PDA

View Full Version : pandora has bluetooth

argor
May 30th, 2008, 16:03
from gp32x MWeston (http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=42344&view=findpost&p=613832)

I wonder if they were running odds on how long it would take for the "leak" to hit these boards. laugh.gif

eight days smile.gif

The information on my website is inaccurate......

the LED is actually orange just like the wifi LED. wink.gif Blue made the point better and didn't stand out as much so maybe that is why it took longer to find!

$320 --> $330 wasn't a cost increase, it was an update on the dollar from the first time someone converted it, to what it is now (or more recently)

BT was added for a few reasons

1. We got a good deal, but it did add a tiny bit of cost
2. OMAP host port only supports USB 2.0 HS mode (480Mb/s) which means all the bluetooth dongles I could find that had detailed specifications wouldn't work without going through a hub (which kinda kills that ultra portable stuff). It seems like most (all?) BT dongles are USB 2.0 FS mode (12Mb/s) because the more expensive electronics just aren't needed
3. See reason 2 for some unhappy customers forcing us to make a mk2 with BT internally and this would have cost more in the long run with a new PCB revision, changes to production line and changes to bill of materials.
4. Making competing devices look that much less interesting!