PDA

View Full Version : RE:CV Disc 2 disc rot problem widespread?

sixtyten
May 31st, 2008, 00:12
Hey everyone,

I decided to revisit my Dreamcast collection a few months ago, and when I came to disc two of Code Veronica, I noticed that it had a real nasty case of disc rot going on. I hit ebay, and luckily, there was a second disc only auction. I hit buy it now, get the disc..get a ways into Chris' part in Antarctica...bam, game stops working. I carefully look at the disc, and lo and behold, another case of disc rot, albeit very minor. I'm wondering if this isn't a widespread issue, as what are the odds that I'd come upon another copy with this?

So, those of you with American copies of Code Veronica that you may have neglected for a while, pop 'em open. Take a look at disc two. See any disc rot?

Triv1um
May 31st, 2008, 00:42
I have a PAL which is fine if that's any help.

Ive had mine for a long time.

sixtyten
May 31st, 2008, 07:14
I've gone ahead and bought another copy. We'll see if this one is suffering the same problem as well when it gets here.

wolfpack
June 2nd, 2008, 03:47
ive never had a problem with disc 2, mines always worked, good luck in your search of finding a working disc 2

hansblitzenburg
November 24th, 2009, 08:01
I have had the American version for a couple of years now..Works perfectly fine.

VampDude
November 24th, 2009, 15:49
I've had the PAL version since October 2000, no problems with mine... Except the broken case.

I believe disc rotting is caused by the temperature they are stored, or if they have become moist and then left untouched whilst in that state. There was this one time where a blank CD+R that I had music on (before I owned an MP3), which formed a patches of green from within, it was caused by an air spray type room freshener (the disc was data side down).