PDA

View Full Version : do i still nead flash me

bolix66
June 3rd, 2008, 00:15
i bought my ds lite less than a month ago and am using the m3ds perfect bundle do i still nead to install flash me to protect aganst malware using this setup
also is it evan posable as i hered that newer ds lites wont take flash me as they have fixed firmware is there any where i can cheak to see what firmware i have and if the firmware is fixed will this protect aganst malware
i realy dont want to use flashme becase its to easy to break a ds for good that way

DanTheManMS
June 3rd, 2008, 06:44
New DS Lites will still take FlashMe, but so much of the firmware is protected under the SL-1 contact that even if you ran the bricker, the most damage it would do would be to erase your user settings and wifi settings. Therefore, for you FlashMe is not needed to protect your DS Lite from bricking.

trugamer
June 3rd, 2008, 21:50
Flashme is still good however, it takes away the "Health and Safety" screen so the ds boots faster.

I flashed my new ds but when the instructions say to short the SL1 contact you need to use something with resistance- I used a pencil lead.I wouldn't recommend it, if you can't complete it fully you may brick your ds. (the pencil lead only flashed it part the way after a lot of twisting- I got it to 80% and it stopped, had to keep twisting it and turning it to complete the rest)

NGrapeD
August 28th, 2008, 14:29
how do i flash my ds and how much does it cost anyway?

DanTheManMS
August 29th, 2008, 04:14
http://www.google.com/search?q=flashme