PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: Metallica coming

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2008, 00:57
via IGN (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/878/878479p1.html)

In a recent filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Activision has let it slip that Aerosmith won't be the only band to get a dedicated Guitar Hero game. Metallica is set to receive it's own entrant into the rapidly expanding franchise sometime in the near future with Guitar Hero: Metallica. No further details aside from the title were revealed but given Activision's history of sharing the love, you can expect to find it on numerous gaming platforms.

According to the document, "In fiscal 2009, we [Activision] plan to publish Guitar Hero: On Tour for the NDS; Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, and Guitar Hero IV across multiple platforms." If you care to read the entire report, head over to the SEC archives. There you'll also see that Activision's fiscal year ends on March 31, meaning you'll see Guitar Hero Metallica on store shelves before that date in 2009.

wolfpack
June 3rd, 2008, 03:47
3 Words: About Damn Time

havoc_012
June 3rd, 2008, 08:22
Insert obligatory "Metallica sells out" quote here.

MikeDX
June 3rd, 2008, 12:56
Thats one guitar hero game I wont be buying...

Anonymous D
June 3rd, 2008, 13:19
surely if guitar hero has donwloadable content now, they could just make store areas for each band and put thier songs there. but thats just me, seems like a simple idea though.

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2008, 17:04
I hope it will not include any of the St. Anger shit

Anonymous D
June 3rd, 2008, 17:26
i think metallica's current policy is pretend st anger never happened, so i doubt it.

Veskgar
June 3rd, 2008, 19:20
i think metallica's current policy is pretend st anger never happened

:rofl: - That sounds about right.

As far as selling out, can you really blame them for using technology that wasn't available in their heyday 20 years ago to capitalize on the success of Guitar Hero and maybe expose a new generation to their great (older) music?

I'd prefer to have a more concentrated selection of songs from some of my favorite bands than just a bunch of stuff thrown together for a wider audience. I'm just not sure individual games are the best way to go. There should just be Guitar Hero IV and then have band packs that you can buy online to tie in with the main game.

geise69
June 3rd, 2008, 19:46
A now mediocre band for a now mediocre game.

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2008, 19:49
Mediocre? They did decent albums in the past and they belong really to Guitar hero.
What do you want then? The crappy Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and co.?

geise69
June 3rd, 2008, 20:05
That is why I said "now" mediocre band. I grew up listening to Thrash in the 80's. Most bands kept their style unlike Metallica. Bands I listen to are Dark Angel, Exodus, Death Angel, Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Kreator, Paradox, Sodom, Testament. It's just funny all these bands were around the same time Metallica has been (some a bit longer) and still have been putting out good, fast, quality Thrash music. The day Metallica can put out a "fast, old school" Thrash album and go back to a formula that got them on the map in the first place is the day I'll stop calling them a mediocre band. When bands change their style and sound that much you either break up or rename the band.

kjetil1991
June 3rd, 2008, 20:55
wow one of my freinds would be happy plaing that im no fan my self XD

pibs
June 4th, 2008, 07:36
I bet its going to be on metallica's S&M so they can sell every freaking instrument known to man and rename it Orchestra Hero: Metallica

And not to mention that GH franchise puts the crappiest Metallica songs on its games. Now RB on the other hand gives you their hits :D