PDA

View Full Version : I want to downgrade, not sure how...

jason867
June 3rd, 2008, 20:12
I have a first generation phat psp. It originally had firmware 1.5 on it and was very homebrew friendly. I had put many different custom firmwares on it and did many homebrew things. For a time I was very knowledgable on the psp homebrew scene in general. I even dabled some in programming for the psp.

However, I recently bought a ps3 as well as some games for the psp, and I upgraded to the latest official firmware, losing my homebrew capability. I wasn't really using psp homebrew much at the time.

Anyways, I have recently regretted choosing to go to the "dark side" and I wish to step back into the light.

Unfortunately I am not too familiar with the psp homebrew scene anymore, so I'm not sure how exactly to downgrade my psp, if I can at all.

I can't remember the exact firmware version my psp is, all I know was that it was the latest firmware about a month ago.

And it's a regular phat psp that originally came with 1.5 installed...

Can anybody help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it...

michael_dack_2005
June 3rd, 2008, 20:40
About a month a go will probably be 3.9X Official Firnware.

The only way to downgrade a PSP (Phat or Slim) in the Pandora Battery with Jigkick Memory Stick

There are ways of creating both Battery and memory stick without the use of a Homebrew-freindly PSP - however this means soft-modding a PSP Battery.

However you create the battery you will need a spare one as it is difficult to create back to original state - impossible if soft-modded.

Surf the net (Google!) and there are many-a-tutorial on how to do it - or many people are will to do it for you. We only ask for P&P to be paid both ways.

kjetil1991
June 23rd, 2008, 23:12
About a month a go will probably be 3.9X Official Firnware.

The only way to downgrade a PSP (Phat or Slim) in the Pandora Battery with Jigkick Memory Stick

There are ways of creating both Battery and memory stick without the use of a Homebrew-freindly PSP - however this means soft-modding a PSP Battery.

However you create the battery you will need a spare one as it is difficult to create back to original state - impossible if soft-modded.

Surf the net (Google!) and there are many-a-tutorial on how to do it - or many people are will to do it for you. We only ask for P&P to be paid both ways.
impossible! if soft-modded? lol thats bull :p