PDA

View Full Version : psp emulation questions

hawkeye_07
June 4th, 2008, 21:44
Hi i just got a modded psp and know nothing about it so sorry for all these questions, but if someone could help id be vey much appreciated.

1 - can i play ps1 games on it more specifically final fantasy 7, 8, 9.

2- How far console wise can u emulate ?

3 - are there any which dont run well such as snes on the ds ?

4 - Can u play 2 player games with someone else such as streets of rage

5 - Also a lil off topic but can u watch avi files on it ?

I probs havemore but dont remember them now. So if anyone can plz answer these.

thanx

that1guywiththeface
June 4th, 2008, 22:31
To answer some of your questions:

1- Yes it can play many PS1 games including those that you listed IF you use a program called popsloader (Google it) properly.

2- It can play: nes, snes, atari consoles, msx/msx-2, sega genesis, gameboy/gbc/gba, N64, MAME, sega CD (I think), turbo grafx, and probably some more that I didn't mention. HOWEVER, the results depend on the emulator used and the game being emulated.

3- DS runs about as well as a cripple does, I don't think dreamcast runs, and most (if not all) consoles created after the PS2 have not been emulated on PSP due to hardware limitations, and MAME can only run certain game sets. BTW, most of the N64 do not work with sound very well, so the compatibility list refers to games w/o using sound.

Hope that helps.

hawkeye_07
June 5th, 2008, 17:54
so does the ps2 run ??

ExcruciationX
June 5th, 2008, 18:44
so does the ps2 run ??
No.

Saracchini
June 5th, 2008, 19:10
Hi i just got a modded psp and know nothing about it so sorry for all these questions, but if someone could help id be vey much appreciated.

1 - can i play ps1 games on it more specifically final fantasy 7, 8, 9.

2- How far console wise can u emulate ?

3 - are there any which dont run well such as snes on the ds ?

4 - Can u play 2 player games with someone else such as streets of rage

5 - Also a lil off topic but can u watch avi files on it ?

I probs havemore but dont remember them now. So if anyone can plz answer these.

thanx

1- Yes you can, but for better compatibility you need popsloader.

2 - You can emulate Master System, Game Gear, Game Boy, NES,GBA, Genesis, SNES, PSX, Pc-Engine,Atari,Neo Geo, CPS-1, CPS-2 and other old consoles in a playable state.Most then with perfect or near perfect emulation.

3 - N64 doesn't run very well and runs only few games, MAME have few games and a lot of then runs too slow, some SNES games are not so compatible and you should disable some features of the emulator to play it in a decent speed.

4 - Some emulators like DGEN, SNES9x and anothers have adhoc option so you can play it with some friends.

5 - Convert it to Mp4 with some application like PSP Video 9, PSP doen't support AVI yet.

hawkeye_07
June 5th, 2008, 22:12
Kl thanx for that ppl. So what emulators are best for the following bearing in mind idwanna play 2 player adhoc

nes
snes
master system
mega drive
gbc
gba

and is popsloader the psx emulastor then.

sorry ppl and tnx again

Alkso off topic but today i was asked can u emulate n64 and dreamcast on the xbox