PDA

View Full Version : halo 2 on the psp

masterkiller27
October 2nd, 2005, 01:14
can anyone get halo 2 or halo 1 on a psp

J sims
October 2nd, 2005, 02:18
I seriously doupt that psp has the specs to handle halo.And the unaltered iso would be way to big to fit on even the largest memory stick duo (2 Giga byte).However they are working on porting a freeware 2d version of halo to psp.

Darksaviour69
October 2nd, 2005, 02:20
u cazy man! no chance in hell will halo run on the psp.....sorry

masterkiller27
October 22nd, 2005, 01:49
y not

Mourningstar
October 22nd, 2005, 02:13
However they are working on porting a freeware 2d version of halo to psp.

Really? :eek:

Would you care to give me a link to that info?

Zaibach333
October 22nd, 2005, 08:42
now, I dont find it impossible to have a similar game of equal quality on the psp. like... for one, I doubt halo could be put on the psp successfully. if anyone has noticed with that game, it doesnt have the greatest of programming in comparison to say VALVe's games.

aka: alot of cpu cycles are waisted with halo and would require too much out of the psp.

while say, a watered down game using the SOURCe engine would do moderatly fine.
- non-emulated that is

fishstixluv
June 8th, 2006, 19:08
what about a homebrew halo made from scratchthey would have to use iris

yaustar
June 8th, 2006, 20:35
*smacks head on table*

About the 2D version, I thought they showed no interest in a PSP port. Even the GP2X port seems to have ceased being developed.

coo
June 8th, 2006, 20:37
the halo mod alpha for iris was already released

go to PSmonkey's form to download

Briggzy11
June 8th, 2006, 23:29
Its gonna be very difficult releasing halo on PSP considering Bungie are threatening law suits on any ports (even the Halo IRIS package caused problems).

Cooe14
June 9th, 2006, 05:33
BWAHAHAHA. Get that doobie out of your mouth and use some friggen common sence. There is NO WAY IN HECK a Xbox game could EVER run on the psp.

Shadowblind
June 9th, 2006, 05:35
If someone were to dim Halo Graphics, then yes it would be possible. But halo 2, not a chance..

Cap'n 1time
June 9th, 2006, 05:52
Its gonna be very difficult releasing halo on PSP considering Bungie are threatening law suits on any ports (even the Halo IRIS package caused problems).

A little correction BUNGIE NEVER THREATED LAW SUITS! Even we I was with a group that RIPPED HALO 2 MODELS AND SKINS RIGHT OUT OF THE XBOX GAME they were very kind to us. I simply got an email from the content manager asking us to use their work only as models for our own. Lawsuit wasnt even used in the email.

No one ever threated pspdemon about his iris mod either. he was politely contacted and warned that Mircrosoft Games might take such actions... The people at bungie are actually pretty cool in my book

If someone were to dim Halo Graphics, then yes it would be possible. But halo 2, not a chance..

I would say probably not. The Lowest PC requirments calls for a 700 mhz machine (just like the xbox). I ran it on a 600mhz PIII with a voodoo 4 and got decent results however...

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 06:43
theres only halo mods through iris.............the psp wouldnt even be close to having the capability to run halo the game

cky
June 10th, 2006, 22:23
halo it's just for Xbox or Pc

pat_thetic
June 11th, 2006, 00:20
How can people be THAT stupid?

halocri
June 29th, 2008, 22:58
:)
can anyone get halo 2 or halo 1 on a psp

faytesp
June 30th, 2008, 03:36
he probly just got confused from claims of halo being on the ds, I even think theres some vids of it on youtube. Anyways for one that does work there is a halo homebrew game for the psp that is 3d. Looks almost like a low graphic counterstrike. With some basic weapons like needler and shotgun, its also an online game so u can play other people, but I never got that part of the game to work, so I just deleted it from my memory stick. One more thing 2gb isnt the max for a memory stick, 16gb is, I myself only bothered getting a 4gb, and I have plenty of homebrews on it and still 2gb left

pspmodel1001
June 30th, 2008, 04:44
yeah I would love to have a 64GB mem stick, if it comes out

ExcruciationX
June 30th, 2008, 07:36
DON'T bump threads!