PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this...

kingslime80
June 9th, 2008, 00:47
The X-OOM Media Center for Wii (http://www.x-oom.com/usa/products/mediacenterforwiiSUB.htm)?
I was thinking of setting it but I was wondering if anyone's actually used it, or if there's a Homebrew version yet.:)

Edit: Sorry about the tripple post, browser error. :(

kingslime80
June 9th, 2008, 18:12
Here are the product specs from the web site.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
X-OOM Media Center for Wii™

With X-OOM Media Center for Wii™ enjoy your favorite collections of movies, photos, and music on your TV, via your Wii™. No need to transfer them to CD, DVD or other devices. All you need is your PC, your Wii™ and a network connection.

X-OOM Media Center for Wii™ enables easy, direct access to all media files on your PC via WLAN or LAN.

Watch, manage and edit your collections of movies, photos, and music on your TV, using your wireless Wii™ control. With the clearly arranged menu and simple navigation, internet browsing becomes an enjoyable experience. There are more than 1,000 internet radio and TV channels to enjoy.

Turn your front room into your personal multimedia station with this all-in-one entertainment center.

Direct access to all your movies, videos, photos, music etc.

Fool-proof installation and navigation

Optimized for widescreen (16:9)

Access to more than 1,000 radio and TV channels

Streaming of multimedia files (audio/video)

Extensive support of media files: MP3, WMA, OGG, DivX®, Xvid, MPEG2, MPEG4, WMV, JPG, BMP etc.

Common network connection through WLAN or LAN

System requirements:
Wii™ including webbrowser and internet access, PC including Windows 2000/XP/ Vista and internet access, CPU 700 MHz, 256 MB of RAM, screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher, 200 MB of free disk space for installation. A LAN or WLAN.

maeurd
July 9th, 2008, 18:05
I've used it, and it seems to work without fail or lag at all for me.