PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War revealed

JKKDARK
June 10th, 2008, 17:54
via IGN (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/880/880294p1.html)

Santa Monica developer Treyarch has revealed the first details about its upcoming shooter, Call of Duty: World at War (previously known as Call of Duty 5). Having previously developed Call of Duty 3, the team is bringing the FPS franchise back to its WWII roots. Treyarch also revealed in the Official Xbox Magazine that the next Call of Duty will, for the first time, support four-player co-op over Xbox Live. IGN has contacted the game's publisher, Activision, to see if that feature will make its way over to the other platforms, but no confirmation on that yet.

Activision announced that the latest Call of Duty would feature a new military theater last May, and has remained true to its word by taking the series to the Pacific, with players fighting the Japanese. Parts of the game will also take place in Berlin as the Russians advance in on the Germans.

Though Treyarch is developing Call of Duty: World at War, the game is still utilizing Infinity Ward's engine from last year's award-winning Call of Duty 4. The World at War team, has also had an additional year of development time when compared to its first COD effort, Call of Duty 3.

Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith has stated that the next installment of Call of Duty would make its way to the DS, PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360 platforms before the end of the company's 2009 fiscal year, which has typically ended on March 31.

watupgroupie
June 11th, 2008, 00:11
Sweetness, I love the multiplayer on COD3, COD4 multiplayer didn't work for me, it would sit there saying trying to connect to other people and nothing ever happened. Plus I hope it has a great single player like COD4, I played that through on ever difficulty in like a week, but it was awesome. I can't wait for this.

AuroraKnight
June 11th, 2008, 01:16
Honestly I'm not a big fan of CoD, however it is a very big title, one I really didn't expect to come to the DS (the fourth one). Should they add some online multiplayer with this one, I just might be joining the franchise but the odds of that are really low huh? >_<

gutbub
June 11th, 2008, 13:46
Nope, can't do it. You can't go back to WW2 in a series after you've already moved to the future. Also, of all the CoD's, #3 was the least entertaining. I did like some of #3's multiplayer options better, but even then it's not enough. I don't buy games for online play. I buy games for singleplayer, and for spiltscreen. Last time I checked, #3 was very short, and pretty lame.

beetroot bertie
June 11th, 2008, 14:58
Whilst not as varied or exciting as CoD2 in single player, I found CoD3 to be a good and entertaining game (just a bit lacklustre), not to mention very challenging on Veteran. The multiplayer was excellent though. Yes, it had it's flaws, but I still enjoy the game online now - in fact I prefer it to CoD4's rat-a-tat-tat run and gun multiplayer gameplay for some reason. Axis rifling is great fun and very satisfying. The larger maps were great too and massive 24 people battles are lots of fun.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 11th, 2008, 15:16
Why put CoD on a low spec system like the DS when there is the very capable system, the psp, which can be fun to play on.:(

JKKDARK
June 11th, 2008, 16:33
Why put CoD on a low spec system like the DS when there is the very capable system, the psp, which can be fun to play on.:(

Because it will sell very well.

pibs
June 11th, 2008, 19:15
campaign co-op is gonna be sweet. no more taking turns with my bro haha

jaws365
June 11th, 2008, 22:19

Maybe because first person shooters on PSP normally sucks, except for maybe Socom 2. Man did you play the COD already released on PSP? Great graphics but all in all not very funny. And auto aiming sucks too.

I think COD 4 on DS rocks :D Looking forward to this!