PDA

View Full Version : Possible to prevent starting UMD when turning on?

ArKo
October 2nd, 2005, 17:55
Hi guys!

Does someone know if its possible to prevent the start of the UMD when turning the PSP on - so that its going directly into the menu?

I always have to open the UMD device...
sure there is a trick - such as holding a button, or not?

Thanks!
ArKo

Greensprout
October 2nd, 2005, 20:20
Hi guys!

Does someone know if its possible to prevent the start of the UMD when turning the PSP on - so that its going directly into the menu?

I always have to open the UMD device...
sure there is a trick - such as holding a button, or not?

Thanks!
ArKo

You can set the parental lock thing, but then you have to enter a password.

PSP_Newbie
October 2nd, 2005, 20:29
what i do is set perental lock to the highest lvl and the password to 0000
that means that whenever the psp is turned on, i can press x to launch the umd, or O to not launch and continue to main psp menu
i wish there was a way to just have it not autolaunch tho..,.

Zaibach333
October 2nd, 2005, 20:40
if you pop open the drive soon after you turn the psp on it wont load, but it will give you the |8001007B| error loading code simlar to when you try to load 1.0 games on 1.5 and you're right back to the main menu. at least that's what I do, it's faster than exiting after the game loads

Shiaoran
October 2nd, 2005, 22:42
i just leave it without no UMD, if I want to play an UMD i put it later...

Heran_Bago
October 2nd, 2005, 23:12
Yea, just don't have a UMD in there to begin with.

ArKo
October 3rd, 2005, 01:06
thank you for your help.

@heran bago & shiaoran:
but exactly that is the point, when i'm on the way there is almost every time an UMD in the device - thats why i'm asking about preventing the UMD to start when turning on the PSP, without having everytime to open the device.

i manage it that way: i'll tapp on the "home" button - as soon as the UMD loads ,the PSP asks if you want to go to the main menu.
its the easiest way I know 'till now...

chrisvenn
October 3rd, 2005, 14:58
I was wondering about this aswell as i always store a UMD in the slot as its easier like that. I have to remember to eject before i turn on