PDA

View Full Version : want a straight record on background changing ^^;

aruka57
October 2nd, 2005, 20:50
okay, first.. i searched and couldn't find anything relevant..

what do people reccomend for changing the background? i know of PSPersonalize, and i also know there's more programs that have the same purpose.. do they work better?

second, any longterm problems known? and what is the 'reccomended' size? i know of the maximum, but i don't want to overexert things..

i hope i don't annoy anyone with this, i just want the straight answers, what i've found through searching various forums contradicted, and i want to be sure of things

xuphorz
October 2nd, 2005, 20:52
i used psppersonalize, works great

the requirements are stated in the readme, i think

aruka57
October 2nd, 2005, 20:56
the requirements are stated in the readme, i think

they are.. though that's why i want to know a 'reccomended' ^^;

it's a case of 'i know too much and want to get rid of the bad info' :P

aruka57
October 3rd, 2005, 04:47
well,keeping to the orignal file's filesize, i just swapped out the eye-murdering yellow with a much nicer black, using pspersonalize..

kind of want info before i go more advanced though ^^;

Greensprout
October 3rd, 2005, 05:59
I don't actually understand your question BUT..

I have used PSPersonalize since it was released and have had no problems whatsoever.

There is no recommended file size, as long as you don't go over the 150kb file size or the 300x170 Bitmap size you won't have a problem.

aruka57
October 3rd, 2005, 06:02
okies, that's good evidence i think.. thanks ^^

Mourningstar
October 4th, 2005, 09:37
If the pink/purple background from last month wasnt bad enough...lo and behold this month is even worse...I hate that bright yellow shit, hell its even hard to read text with it!

I guess Ill try PSPersonalize also...

Uh, where the hell can you get it? Its not even listed on this site...?

OK, I have foundit and downloaded it...but the readme says you need 2 mem sticks? I dont have 2 mem sticks, so is there any other way to do it?

aruka57
October 4th, 2005, 17:38
next month is worse.. brown <_<;
and after that.. bright, eye-slaughtering red to help any bullfighters with PSPs

and if you use sei tool, it shouldn't need 2 memorysticks.. it doesn't for me

oh, and here's something i put together quickly.. a very dark grey, since it seems to look better than a black in this, using the original size and file-size of Sony's backgrounds, as well as retaining the slight border they have

thought i'd just share in case someone found it useful ^^:

Largo_W
October 4th, 2005, 19:14
OK, I have foundit and downloaded it...but the readme says you need 2 mem sticks? I dont have 2 mem sticks, so is there any other way to do it?

Answer:
The Files from Memstick 1 go here ---> ms0:\PSP\GAMES\PSPERSONALIZE
The Files from Memstick 2 go here ---> ms0:\PSP\GAMES\PSPERSONALIZE%
The Backgrounds go here --> ms0:\ (The root dir of the stck)
ms0:\ is the path of your mem stick

Look like this @ the end:
ms0:\ --Pics
|-PSPERSONALIZE -- Eboot File
|-PSPERSONALIZE% -- Eboot File

Mourningstar
October 5th, 2005, 05:47
Yea, I forgot about Sei PSP Tool. :)

I attached the background that im using for this month...

aruka57
October 5th, 2005, 06:24
ooh, it's a nice background, may use that if i decide to move off the minimalistic colors

RedKing14CA
October 5th, 2005, 06:33
i think thats why he posted..

but i have a problem, i never go past the file size or the whole width thing 'n' such, yet my icons always get distorted...

edit- ps, my psp is being rapaired by sony :( so i cant do anything as of now...

omniosiris
October 5th, 2005, 06:52
does anyone know a good free program I can use to convert Jpeg files to bitmaps that work with the PSP? whenever I set them at 300x170 the bitmaps always come out at like 151kb for me

Mourningstar
October 5th, 2005, 20:56
Im just wondering....

Can you delete/remove PSPersonalize after you have the backgrounds set the way you want them?

omniosiris
October 6th, 2005, 04:32
yeah, the backgrounds are flashed into the PSP itself

Kaiser
October 6th, 2005, 04:51
bright, eye-slaughtering red to help any bullfighters with PSPs

:) This site here has some great backgrounds here (http://files.psp-hacks.com/psp-backgrounds.php)

Including this one for me right now.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4346/jsb19ir.png (http://imageshack.us)

Just be sure to open them up in a new page and then save them as PSPersonailze seems to work only with .BMPs

Mourningstar
October 6th, 2005, 07:46
yeah, the backgrounds are flashed into the PSP itself
Cool, can I also delete the background files?

And heres another one....

omniosiris
October 6th, 2005, 16:53
yeah, you should be able to delete the pictures off the memory card once you set them with PSPersonalize