PDA

View Full Version : sony psp 2

gee23
June 12th, 2008, 21:07
so i just wanted ask if anybody had heard any rumors about sony coming out with a completely new psp, a psp 2, not just a revision. i would think that sony would start making mini blu ray disks that could hold 10 gb single layer and 25 gb dual layer. i heard that sony has successfully made triple and quad layer disks that hold 100 and 200 gb. also i think it would have two analog sticks, two trigger buttons, a touch screen, louder speakers, and maybe like a 16 gb hdd.

JKKDARK
June 12th, 2008, 22:33
Nothing at the moment. It's too early for a new generation. Maybe in 2010, not now.

gee23
June 12th, 2008, 23:25
Nothing at the moment. It's too early for a new generation. Maybe in 2010, not now.

well i think its time for touch screens and 16 gb hdd. just look at the iphone. people have already managed to put their iphone screens on their psp.

wolfpack
June 15th, 2008, 04:55
what does the iphone has to do with the psp? iphone is an apple product and should be obliterated, its not even a gaming system so it shouldnt dare to even be compared to the psp. PSP has more buttons and a wider homebrew variety base than what the iphone will ever have.

however back onto the topic of psp 2... nothing has been announced yet, rumors spark every now and then but it isnt time for a new gen psp. a couple years at least more before one will probably be officially announced.

shadowriffe
October 24th, 2008, 02:13
2010-2011 will probably be the start of the discussion. Just wait and see really. The longer it is, the better parts they can put in it for cheaper. But yeah, totally want an HDD, bluray would allow for more space than you'd ever use, touch screen, and two analogs.

Or you could just go buy a Pandora... *is sad*

Wally
October 24th, 2008, 08:27
what does the iphone has to do with the psp? iphone is an apple product and should be obliterated, its not even a gaming system so it shouldnt dare to even be compared to the psp. PSP has more buttons and a wider homebrew variety base than what the iphone will ever have.

You seen how much stuff is on the iPhone already?

There's much more than the PSP has and thats in 3 months.

Anyway, PSP 2. Sony won't do much with it I reckon.

Wally

jxx2005
October 24th, 2008, 16:25
right now everything about a PSP2
is just crazy rumors

Buddy4point0
October 25th, 2008, 18:45
I'm pretty sure Sony has set the PSP on a 10 year life cycle. The PSP came out march 2005.
This means that unless Sony decides to change their plans (which they probably will, at least a little) the PSP 2 is set to come out in 2015.

2015 sure seams like a long time, which is why I think that Sony is going to change the 10 year plan to a 6 or 7 year plan, but I still wouldn't expect to hear anything about the PSP 2 until at least 2010.
Could just be speculation, but I wouldn't get your hopes up to see the PSP any time soon.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 28th, 2008, 22:54
I'm pretty sure Sony has set the PSP on a 10 year life cycle. The PSP came out march 2005.
This means that unless Sony decides to change their plans (which they probably will, at least a little) the PSP 2 is set to come out in 2015.

2015 sure seams like a long time, which is why I think that Sony is going to change the 10 year plan to a 6 or 7 year plan, but I still wouldn't expect to hear anything about the PSP 2 until at least 2010.
Could just be speculation, but I wouldn't get your hopes up to see the PSP any time soon.

10 years is just stupid. The mainstream PSP fad will have easily died out by 2015.

Buddy4point0
October 28th, 2008, 23:36
10 years is just stupid. The mainstream PSP fad will have easily died out by 2015.

Most likely, which is why Sony will probably make a PSP2 long before 2015.

I'm thinking we'll start seeing sonys psp department's spending on developmental research begin to increase next year.
If so, this would probably mean that we'll see information and insider information about the PSP2 as early as 2010.
As well as a possible release in 2011 or 2012.