PDA

View Full Version : SanDisk Ultra II for psp ?

jungelungen
October 3rd, 2005, 02:23
Hello!
I am about to get a memorycard for my psp ( To play iso's and so on ) But i have a question first.
Is Memory Stick PRO Duo Standard to slow to play games on the psp ?`Will there be anny latency?
Or do i have to get this SanDisk Ultra II Memory Stick PRO Duo card?? This is a much faster card, but do i need it ? Or will this "standard" 2gb card be enought?? and what about this " Sandisk 2048MB Memory Stick Pro Duo Gaming" ??

Plz Anwser as quick as possible.

(sorry for my bad english,I'm from Norway :p )

Festizzio
October 3rd, 2005, 03:24
The only speed difference between memory sticks is their transfer speeds. The rate at which you load stuff from them is universal.

drEDN4wt
October 6th, 2005, 19:24
back-along i asked the same question, and was told to stick with standard speed
then i saw a web link somewhere , where they tested the speeds and found no improvement with a highspeed...didnt read it tho. go with the slow

warped
October 6th, 2005, 19:39
The psp does not take advantage of high speed cards. so just stick with the standard ones.

echel0n
October 10th, 2005, 16:50
i agree- stay with the standard, i spoke with a sandisk rep who said you dont need the ultra for games. You dont need to get the gaming mem stick either, the SanDisk rep told me theres no difference between the gaming and non gaming memory stick, they made the gaming one in neon colors because apparently gamers prefer neon colours!!!

ForteGSX
October 10th, 2005, 23:42
Actually, I own both type of cards and the Ultra II does load a bit faster then the regular ones. Nothing special but it does save a little time. Did I mention it needs less battery power to work than the normal ones.