PDA

View Full Version : Which of these games should I play first?

beetroot bertie
June 15th, 2008, 22:54
A friend of mine has just given me 6 of his unwanted xbox games.

He's given me the following:

Red Dead Revolver
Doom 3
Prince Of Persia (sands of time)
Jade Empire
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows
Star Wars Ep III - Revenge Of The Sith

I was wondering if anyone would perhaps recommend one or two for me to start with as it will take me ages to play them all. Which would you recommend I have a go at first or does anyone have any overly good or bad comments about any of those on the list?

Cheers.

____anders____
June 15th, 2008, 23:22
i would play Doom 3 first, i got it but i haven't played Doom 3, just doom 1 and 2 hehe, those are in with Doom 3:)

but Doom 3 is definatley my vote, as it's pretty cool if you like those kinds of games;)

i haven't played any of the others though hehe..

but doom 1 and 2, those are actually on the top of my favourite games of all time:)
old games are alot better imho, i kinda like the choppy graphics and i played it when i was very young, just an awesome game.

Shadowblind
June 15th, 2008, 23:54
Doom 3

Darksaviour69
June 16th, 2008, 17:17
I had Doom 3, thought it was pretty crap, boring and predictable.

"oh I'm safe with my back to this wall, oh no the wall came down and there is a monster behind me!" next room repeat

game is less scary if you play it walking backwards for the whole game :)

I would say Prince Of Persia (sands of time), best game there by a long shot, and one of my fav games of all time.

if you liked Mass Effect or KOTOR you should like Jade Empire.

I heard Red Dead is ok, but I would not waste my time with the rest

JKKDARK
June 16th, 2008, 17:38
I always liked the Gauntlet serie.

beetroot bertie
June 16th, 2008, 18:31
I was surprised to see this post as I thought I failed to post it yesterday while the system was iffy.

Thanks for your replies everyone, I think Prince Of Persia will be my first one then Doom 3 (running backwards). I have Quake 4 already and thought it wasn't bad (just not great). Is that on par with Doom 3?

I don't know about Jade Empire as I've not experienced any of Bioware's other games, although I've heard praise about them. Maybe I'll try that one 3rd.

Thanks again, folks.

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2008, 21:31
I was surprised to see this post as I thought I failed to post it yesterday while the system was iffy.

Thanks for your replies everyone, I think Prince Of Persia will be my first one then Doom 3 (running backwards). I have Quake 4 already and thought it wasn't bad (just not great). Is that on par with Doom 3?

I don't know about Jade Empire as I've not experienced any of Bioware's other games, although I've heard praise about them. Maybe I'll try that one 3rd.

Thanks again, folks.
Quake 4 is basically Doom 4, so its very similar. It was awesome when it first came out.