PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to downgrade, running into problems...

Gamekrazy
June 16th, 2008, 01:19
Ok, I just bought a new psp slim, and want to downgrade it (or put custom firmware on it. Which ever works best.) but am having serious trouble on finding out how. Ive seen several tutorials on how to do it, but all of them end up leading me in circles. Im running 3.90 official firmware, and have a 4gb memory stick. Ive heard the 'pandora's battery' thing come up several times, but the problem is, It seems that I need 1.50 firmware, or custom firmware to make it, which is what im trying to get my PSP to run! I also heard of hard modding the battery, but I dont have a spare one, would not like to have to buy a spare one, and am afraid I may screw up the battery if I tried.

Can anyone help me out here? I would really like to be able to get homebrew on this thing, without the internet having me run in circles for another five hours.

Neo Elemental
June 16th, 2008, 14:44
The ONLY way to downgrade a 3.90 firmware PSP is to use some version of Pandora's battery. From here there are two options:

Softmod: THIS REQUIRES A CUSTOM FIRMWARE PSP! You need a friend who has a custom firmware PSP or you can purchase one online. If you have a buddy, creating the actual battery is quite easy. You just download some programs and files and viola.

Hardmod: THIS REQUIRES BALLS AND SKILLS! This requires opening up your battery and I probably wouldn't recommend this for you.

Gamekrazy
June 16th, 2008, 20:41
*sigh*

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer... I dont have any friends who have a custom firmware psp, I lack the skills to mod a battery, and I really don't want to buy one...

Is there a way in development to downgrade without a PSP? I would rather wait till one turns up then buy a pandoras battery.