PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 2.01 Discussion here (its released in JAP)

YourStillWithMe
October 3rd, 2005, 11:44
Alright everyone, whos updating? avoiding? hopin for a version changer?

Whats the deal guys im not touching that shit with a ten foot pole if i HAVE to i do have two psp's yay for me! :)

warped
October 3rd, 2005, 13:19
its just a security update to block the downgrader from working. nothing special about this update. i doubt anyone will update to this version... if they do, they will loose everything..

IndianCheese
October 3rd, 2005, 20:45
give me a link to it plz

SoQb0nc5r
October 3rd, 2005, 22:42
as Swishahouse said:

Written by Pikoro
Monday, 03 October 2005
Well, we all knew it was going to happen.

Sony has just released the 2.1 update. What this update does is fix a security problem, namely, the buffer overflow problem with the image viewer.

DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PSP! You will not be able to downgrade for a while.

Rest assured, people are already working on cracking this 2.1 update, and it will be cracked. Good thing is, this gives us 2 2.x updates to examine for the new 2.x decryption key for those prx files.

Here's a link to all the firmware versions currently available. The 2.1 update is in the 2.1 folder:

http://www.psphacks.net/files/PSPFirmwares/

Here's the link to the one from Sony:
Sony PSP 2.1 Update

PROVIDED BY PSP Hacks

ataribob
October 4th, 2005, 23:42
The Version changer is already out.
You can change you PSP to 2.10 and still enjoy everything

http://www.sonyxteam.com/

Gnoccir
October 5th, 2005, 00:21
Woahhh....

.... that was fast

mdnght22
October 5th, 2005, 01:53
well that link isnt loading in my machine.. is it me or does it just take along time?

MDnght22

mdnght22
October 5th, 2005, 03:04
does anyone know if this works?

The following idea is a possible solution on how to downgrade your firmware to version 1.5. You will need the following files and program to perform this downgrade :

1. Version 1.5 EBOOT.PBP
2. pbp-unpacker-0.94

If you install pbp unpacker and open EBOOT.PBP you will notice it contains 4 files. The file we need to modify is PARAM.SFO. If you open the PARAM.SFO files you will see 14 lines of code.

Line 5 is: TITLE PSP Update ver 1.50
Line 14 is: UPDATER_VER 1.50

If you modify the above lines to:

Line 5 is: TITLE PSP Update ver 2.10
Line 14 is: UPDATER_VER 2.10

and save the file PARAM.SFO. Finally you need to create a new EBOOT.PBP using the modfied PARAM.SFO.

You can now use this new EBOOT.PBP and downgrade your PSP the same way as you update. You should no longer get the error "Your PSP does not require an update" as it will think you are updating the PSP to version 2.10.

I have not tested this. I will do so as soon as i get hold of a UK PSP on the first of September which will come with verion 2.0 firmware.

PLease let me know asap

MDnght22

Xarius
October 5th, 2005, 03:04
2.1 gains you nothing and costs you the ability to run homebrew. If you upgrade, you are an idiot or uninformed.

mdnght22
October 5th, 2005, 03:33
OK well people need to know that the file i copied onto it said it was 1.5 it turned out to be 2.01 so it wasnt my fault.. now can someone please help me and stop calling me stupid..

ataribob
October 6th, 2005, 01:38
said is was 1.5 but was 2.1

Keep the name