PDA

View Full Version : Action replay on Wii

trugamer
June 17th, 2008, 13:16
I saw this on the Argos website and was wondering, has anybody else heard of datel releasing this?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5681008/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500012000.Video%2Bgames%3EC%24cip%3D150 0012009.Nintendo%2BWii%3EC%24cip%3D1500012010.Nint endo%2BWii%2Bconsoles%2Band%2Bperipherals.htm

In the description it says its for Wii games (not Gamecube) If it's real it could be a way around the current headache Nintendo is causing the homebrew scene, as it says it's updatable.

However I checked the Datel site and no sign of it, no codes, support etc and Codejunkies isn't selling it.

mcdougall57
June 17th, 2008, 20:58
thats weird a lot of sites are saying the release date of it is august and some say out of stock or are actual selling it like Argos for example, but the codes are nowhere to be found as you said.

This could definitely be a way around Nintendo's new security and somebody should have a look into it.

DimensionT
June 18th, 2008, 02:32
I was just thinking this about Action Replay earlier.

It doesn't seem like it would be hard to make this thing edit Epona's name in Twilight. That would bypass it, as the save would not be edited. There'd just be a code in memory to alter the name on the fly.

maeurd
June 21st, 2008, 13:45
Hasn't this already been released? Anyway, I thought Datel had stopped because their products don't work because of one of the firmware updates.

trugamer
August 23rd, 2008, 18:22
Just received info on it from somebody called Nick,

It's not actually Action Replay for the wii, simply the GC Action Replay with a few wii products (powersaves, max media manager pro, 1gb sd card)

Sorry to bump an old topic but I figured I should set everyone straight.