PDA

View Full Version : DDR:Homebrew game

icecoolwas
June 17th, 2008, 19:14
I bought the ddr Hottest party for Wii, its okay I guess but the songs are lame, so how long do you reckon before it takes someone to make a homebrew ddr game that lets u use ur own mp3s and it generates the foots to the beat etc and lets u use ur wii mat or gamecube mat?

do you think its possible?

mcdougall57
June 18th, 2008, 00:09
I bought the ddr Hottest party for Wii, its okay I guess but the songs are lame, so how long do you reckon before it takes someone to make a homebrew ddr game that lets u use ur own mp3s and it generates the foots to the beat etc and lets u use ur wii mat or gamecube mat?

do you think its possible?

yeah its definitely possible i've seen it done on the PSP so it should be even better for the Wii :) its a great idea but sadly I'm no coder :/

icecoolwas
June 18th, 2008, 17:21
whoops double post look under

icecoolwas
June 18th, 2008, 17:26
cool! and maybe online mode where you use a temporary username and then theres a lobby where you can see the ammount of people in the sections (3 sections) 1 amteruer 1 expert and 1 average. (it will detect if you are using a gamecube controller or a dance matt and inform the other player that they might be better because of that) and just before you play someone you have to select a song from your sd card in your wii and so does the other person and then it randomly chooses one of the songs and then the song in the guys sd card will start uploading and it will download to the other guys Sd card, once downloaded you will be able to have a dance of and see who gets a better score, they also would be a scoreboard. they wud also be usb keyboard chat for the lobby. and if u click one someones name it will bring up an option saying Retrieve wii code, and then the persons wii code u want will get a message saying do u want to get ...'s wii code for exchange of yours, and u can reject or accept, if u accept it will add that person to your wii address book, now u can arrange when to play. what u fink

yeah its definitely possible i've seen it done on the PSP so it should be even better for the Wii :) its a great idea but sadly I'm no coder :/

mcdougall57
June 20th, 2008, 02:20
Some more great ideas in there (even if a little garbled) you'll just have to wait and see if a project like this eventually turns up I'm afraid and maybe then you can contribute with some ideas. :)

icecoolwas
July 8th, 2008, 21:36
Just been using the Dragon media player and got another idea =]

When you step on a step on the dance mat (eg left) the wii's blue light at the front can also light up.

on the dragon media player it flashes to ur music =]