PDA

View Full Version : PSP AV Component Cable Help!! NO SIGNAL

deosvx
June 18th, 2008, 04:50
Im not to swift when ift comes to video cabling. I have a PSP with the component cable (RGB+L&R sound), A 4 way switcher that supports RCA, S-Video & ComponentRGB, & a Projector w/RCA, S-Video and VGA Ins. Hook up is PSP > Switcher via component cables > S-video into projector. I have tried Svid and RCA into projector W/ Progressive scan ON and I get no signal. Is this a limitation with the switch? Do i need something special to convert Component to S-Video/RCA? bTW the switch is a Philips 4way Auto Switch.. couldnt find any manual on it. Im begining to believe that any component plugged in is only going to work if its component OUT to a TV. Well, please advice. THANKS!

Nocuddle
June 18th, 2008, 05:12
Switcher isnt a converter I believe?

S-video is like for Composite/RCA. You can "switch" between those two. Component IN must be component OUT afaik.

edit:
nope, definetly you cannot do Component output from PSP, into switch & out put as S-video/RCA/Composite. you need a high end converter to achieve Component -> composite.

You need to buy a Composite cable for PSP but you cannot use it for PSP game.

Component = RGB = Red, Green, Blue + Audio White, Audio Red

Composite = RCA = Yellow + Audio White, Audio Red

deosvx
June 18th, 2008, 05:37
damn... well thanks for the bad news lol hehe. Whats with the plugin available something fusa er something? I stumbled into earlier today and now can't seem to find it. Based on my setup, I want a way to output my psp game (full screen if possible) to a monitor or tv without it looking like crap... what are my options and how much?

murgero1
June 20th, 2008, 16:42
Im not to swift when ift comes to video cabling. I have a PSP with the component cable (RGB+L&R sound), A 4 way switcher that supports RCA, S-Video & ComponentRGB, & a Projector w/RCA, S-Video and VGA Ins. Hook up is PSP > Switcher via component cables > S-video into projector. I have tried Svid and RCA into projector W/ Progressive scan ON and I get no signal. Is this a limitation with the switch? Do i need something special to convert Component to S-Video/RCA? bTW the switch is a Philips 4way Auto Switch.. couldnt find any manual on it. Im begining to believe that any component plugged in is only going to work if its component OUT to a TV. Well, please advice. THANKS!

make sure the colors on the tv match, then hold the screen button on the psp to switch it to tv mode.