PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4 tops GAME vote list

Shrygue
June 18th, 2008, 18:31
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/call-of-duty-4-tops-game-vote-list)

GAME has announced the results of its recent online poll to determine the best 100 games of all time, with Call of Duty 4 beating out the opposition to take top spot.

It was followed by The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in second, Final Fantasy VII in third, Grand Theft Auto IV in fourth and Super Mario 64 in fifth place.

The results also pointed to Mario as the greatest gaming icon of all time, with 11 per cent of titles containing Nintendo's plumber, while the PlayStation 2 was crowned "Most Popular Console" with 10 per cent of all titles in the top 100 being exclusive on that platform.

Meanwhile the highest-ranked film tie-ins involved James Bond - GoldenEye was in sixth place overall - and Star Wars, with two titles in the list.

Over 100,000 votes were cast in the vote, which was open to anybody visiting the game.co.uk website, with the Final Fantasy franchise listed as the most popular gaming series, and RPGs the most popular type of game.

The top ten titles were as follows:
1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Grand Theft Auto IV
5. Super Mario 64
6. GoldenEye
7. Halo 3
8. Metal Gear Solid
9. Half-Life 2
10. Gears of War

alentris
June 18th, 2008, 19:12
Gears deserved more than just 10.

indstr
June 18th, 2008, 20:22
Gears deserved more than just 10.

They're talking ALL TIME here.

There oldest game in this list is 1996. That's pretty sad, responders to this survey ignored the first TWENTY years of gaming.

What a bunch of asshats.

People never appreciate the classics ...

:mad:

JKKDARK
June 18th, 2008, 20:28
Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War are totally overrated...

luminouslight
June 18th, 2008, 20:30
Errr... those are the best games of all time?

Steely
June 18th, 2008, 20:45
... Call of Duty shouldn't even BE on that list.
And the others... Whatever.

Pretty dumb list.

ssnake
June 18th, 2008, 20:55
wow, this list is basically shit...

Seriously, come on,COD4 the best game of all time? HAHAHAHA don't make me laugh like that :D

GTA4? I don't know.. it's the best GTA, but one of the best game in the world? NOPE.

Halo 3 is bad compared to the first, I can't believe it..
it's like a casual gamer list, or like xbox fanboys that would like to pass for non-biased gamers... yeah right... that's why they put goldeneye and oot, cause they know they can't make a list without them..

Gears of war is a good game, but it's very far from deserving that, even in the 10 last years of gaming, it should not be on the top 20 list

what a lame list... but at least there is some games that make sense there...
mgs, oot, goldeneye, FF7, Hl2, mario..

JKKDARK
June 18th, 2008, 21:04
These new games will not be there in the next 5 years.

alentris
June 18th, 2008, 22:57
Well, It all depends on who they survey. If they survey some of the golden oldies in gaming, they're going to be getting different results than if they interviewed younger people.

juiceface
June 19th, 2008, 00:05
COD4? i just beat it and thought it was a good game, but not even near the top 10 games of all time, possibly top 50-100 though.

There will never be a true list of greatest games of all time because it is all relative to the gamer type. A FPS gamer might think FF7 sucks to where an RPG gamer will think COD4, Half life etc sucks. There is never going to be a true consensus on what is the greatest.

mike_jmg
June 19th, 2008, 00:25
These new games will not be there in the next 5 years.

next 5 years:eek:, they wont be there next year.

And what happened to God of War and the Devil May Cry series

dumb list

osgeld
June 19th, 2008, 03:10
heh ask a bunch of twitch baby, wanna be script kiddy cheaters which games they like the best, you will get the most exploited games ever in history

duh

nihouma
June 19th, 2008, 07:00
COD4 shouldn't be on the list at all, not because it sucks or anything, but because it isn't even half a year old. As a matter of fact, I don't believe games from within the last 1.5-2 years should be allowed, as people go through the gaming "fads."

indstr
June 19th, 2008, 13:14
Super Mario bros 3 should certainly be near the top due to number of units sold, general popularity at the time, staying power, and straight awesomeness :)

robman84
June 19th, 2008, 14:44
Gotta love these lists. The most recent stuff always sticks in people's memories and thus appears disproportionately high. If anything, the best you could hope for would be a top 10 for each year since, um, about 1971.

I wonder how many of the games on this list people voted for without actually playing them?

K1ckass
June 19th, 2008, 16:21
Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War are totally overrated...

Agreed.
Good to see Half-Life 2 in there, cause I still think it's one of the best games ever. :thumbup: