PDA

View Full Version : BioWare looking into PSP, Wii

Shrygue
June 20th, 2008, 19:22
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=157787)

BioWare is is "looking into" making games for Wii and PSP in order to offer a wider array of titles.

"We're looking into Wii and PSP as a company... but nothing has been decided, and nothing has been announced. And we are, from styles of games - we are trying to broaden our portfolio," Mark Darrah, project lead for Sonic Chronicles, told Gamasutra.

He revealed the DS role-playing project had swollen to around 30 staff at one point, but despite the help and scale it had remained a frustrating platform to develop for.

"I mean, the hardware is challenging for someone who's done console or PC development, just because it's got four megabytes of memory, and it's very much hardware from - if you compare it to a PC, it's like hardware from 14 years ago."

Traditionally, BioWare has been a PC developer, but it moved onto Xbox with Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire, before creating Xbox 360 epic Mass Effect.

It was also bought by mega-publisher EA last October.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood will be its first DS game when it comes out September.

Pop over to our hands-on with Sonic Chronicles to see what BioWare has done with the Sega mascot.

Hurricane©
June 21st, 2008, 01:52
Bioware......?

I cant think of any games that they made. But regardless of that, new games are always welcome to the psp.

luminouslight
June 21st, 2008, 12:03
Bioware......?

I cant think of any games that they made. But regardless of that, new games are always welcome to the psp.
They were the creators of The Neverwinter Nights series, Mass Effect, Jade Empire, etc.

lipnox88
June 21st, 2008, 13:15
more like makers of the masterpiece Kotor and also made mass effect and jade empire. they outdid themself with kotor that was an unbelievable game.