PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of them annoying "currupt data icons"

Cirus
October 4th, 2005, 01:40
dunno if ya already know this probably already done so but for those few who dont i came across a way of getting rid of em, for example rename:

PSPGENESIS
PSPGENESIS%

to

GEN(30 spaces)1
GEN1~1%

30 spaces i heard it has to be ( well 32+ letters )

xuphorz
October 4th, 2005, 02:04
i've tried this b4, never got it to work :(

Heran_Bago
October 4th, 2005, 02:22
This is fairly common knowledge, however I myself have tried this, and in addition to removing the corrupt icon, it can cause the real homebrew to be unplayable (big ol' error when you try to boot it).

Cirus
October 4th, 2005, 02:53
i've tried this b4, never got it to work :(

it does work i tried it on over 30 homebrew stuff i got, its soo much easier to browse thru them now

Privateer
October 4th, 2005, 03:32
Nononono, that's not how it works.
The name of the "FOLDERNAMENAME 1" folder has to be exactly 33 characters.
So

SNES9X_UO
would become

SNES9X_UO 1

You can see how many characters something has by pasting it into a Word document and using Tools>Word Count or by pasting this:
THISCONTAINSTHIRTYTHREECHARACTERS
into any text editor using Courier New font (Notepad's default), then pasting the name of your folder below it, and add spaces between the name and the '1' until they're the same length.

In case you don't believe me, I've copied all my "FOLDERNAME 1" folders in my game folder and pasted them, and this is what comes out:

PSPDOOM 1
RINBOY 1
SNES9X_UO 1
WabVersionChangerV25 1
PSPGEN 1

bill00000
October 4th, 2005, 15:26
Or use Sei's PSP tool and checkmark "Hide corrupted icons". Sei's list manager will also move any corrupted icons to the bottom of the list.

zackforbing
October 5th, 2005, 08:36
Nononono, that's not how it works.
The name of the "FOLDERNAMENAME 1" folder has to be exactly 33 characters.
So

SNES9X_UO
would become

SNES9X_UO 1

You can see how many characters something has by pasting it into a Word document and using Tools>Word Count or by pasting this:
into any text editor using Courier New font (Notepad's default), then pasting the name of your folder below it, and add spaces between the name and the '1' until they're the same length.

In case you don't believe me, I've copied all my "FOLDERNAME 1" folders in my game folder and pasted them, and this is what comes out:

PSPDOOM 1
RINBOY 1
SNES9X_UO 1
WabVersionChangerV25 1
PSPGEN 1

does entering it that way keep the emulators from erroring?

edit- I guess not, I tried it. it sure looks nice, but it doesn't work.

Tomppa
October 5th, 2005, 16:45
Privateer.. Great info.. And very well explained!

Edit; just came in to my mind, a noob question this is; Wich folder you rename? The on with % or the one without?

Edit2; Experimented a little, realized it. Once again, nice one!

Edit3; Duh these edits.. Anyways looks like I renamed the wrong one anyways.. I'll try the opposite way now.

Edit4; Well looks like I'm a little clumsy... Corrutped icons can party on my PSP for a while now

xmodx
October 5th, 2005, 20:36
It actually does work he just left out that on the % folders they have to be 1~1% so rin would be Rin1~1% and the other folder is the space trick. Works like a charm on all of my apps. hope this helps. If you need more help let me know and I can give you exact file names that are converted to hide the corrupted data.

disruptor
October 6th, 2005, 01:18
xmodx is 100% correct. I've had this problem for a while and was really stumped by it, but that way works perfectly.

edit: Forgot to add, not ALL homebrew will still run once the filename has been changed. I havn't come across a way around this yet.

-dissy

Privateer
October 6th, 2005, 04:30
does entering it that way keep the emulators from erroring?

edit- I guess not, I tried it. it sure looks nice, but it doesn't work.

From 'erroring?' This is just to get rid of those "Currupt Data" icons you get in your game folder. I've never had an error when running an emulator.
If it doesn't work for you, then either I'm getting lucky or you've done something wrong, because it gets rid of them for me.

Glad my explaination helped some people though. :]

zackforbing
October 6th, 2005, 07:02
well, let me see if I get this right. the folders that contain the actual files should have 33 characters in the folder name. and the dummy folders have to be 3 letters then 1~1%. if that's how it's supposed to work, it makes my emulators not work. if not, can you show me how I'm supposed to name the dummy folders?

DDRLord
October 6th, 2005, 13:33
well, let me see if I get this right. the folders that contain the actual files should have 33 characters in the folder name. and the dummy folders have to be 3 letters then 1~1%. if that's how it's supposed to work, it makes my emulators not work. if not, can you show me how I'm supposed to name the dummy folders?
Actually I think the dummies have about 6 letters, but I'm not a professional.
SeiPSPTool is the easiest way to do it.
But mind you it won't work for all homebrew, since some of the programs have the folder names hard-coded (as in, it won't change regardless of the folder its in.)

Bloodsack
October 6th, 2005, 14:31
I've never had a problem hidding any folders.

Just two emu's don't work with hidden corrupt folders.

Gamegear/Mastersystem emu & ngpsp(neogeo pocket) emu.

omniosiris
October 6th, 2005, 21:25
hmmm...I can't get this to work
could anyone tell me what to do to hide the corrupted icons for PSPersonalize, PSPGenesis and snes9xTYL-0.2c? also is there a way to change the order of the icons?

Privateer
October 6th, 2005, 23:04
The other folder, with the %, doesn't have any character number requirements. Your folders should be

NAME1~1%
NAME 1
The size of 'NAME' doesn't matter. It's the folder with the all the spaces with the 1 at the end that needs to be 33 characters. That's it.
I'm sure this won't always get rid of the icons, but it's always worked for me.

If you want to change the order of the icons, copy all your NAME1~1% folders to your desktop, delete them from your PSP, and put them back in the OPPOSITE order you want them to show up in the list.
You do this because the PSP sorts them according to date, from most recently added to first added.
So, say, if you wanted your stuff to be in alphabetical order, and yours showed up with GAMEB before GAMEA, you copy GAMEA1~1% and GAMEB1~1%, paste them on your desktop, delete the originals on your PSP, then put GAMEB1~1% in your GAME folder first, and GAMEA1~1% in your GAME folder second, so that GAMEA1~1% (the game most recently added folder) will show up first in your game list on your PSP.

omniosiris
October 6th, 2005, 23:36
okay guys, i finally have it
first off the folder name has to be 4 letters all caps, for example, SEGAGENESIS would have to become SEGA. the folders for that would be set up as follows
SEGA 1
SEGA1~1%
the first folder has the 4 letter name, then 30 spaces then 1, and the second folder has the 4 letter name then 1~1%. I've tested this on over 8 hombrew and emu apps and they all work 100%

Privateer
October 7th, 2005, 04:16
:-/

The name can be any number of characters you want. It makes no difference. It's the actual folder's number of characters that count. The number that works is 33, at least for me. Apparently, 35 works for you, but then again, your method requires that the names have limitations.

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 04:23
some things just cant be hidden, some code has to be edited in the eboot for it to be hidden...

zackforbing
October 7th, 2005, 06:09
okay guys, i finally have it
first off the folder name has to be 4 letters all caps, for example, SEGAGENESIS would have to become SEGA. the folders for that would be set up as follows
SEGA 1
SEGA1~1%
the first folder has the 4 letter name, then 30 spaces then 1, and the second folder has the 4 letter name then 1~1%. I've tested this on over 8 hombrew and emu apps and they all work 100%

THIS FINALLY worked for me. I don't understand, however, why there are differences between PSP's. I'm assuming most everyone is running 1.50? :confused:

omniosiris
October 7th, 2005, 22:30
hmmm...could be diffrent for Jap 1.50 and U.S 1.50, I have U.S 1.50 and what I posted has seemed to work for everyone I know with 1.50 U.S. Maby it needs to be 33 charactors for the Jap 1.50, and 35 for the U.S 1.50?

Privateer
October 8th, 2005, 07:14
My 1.5 is whatever with 2.00->1.50 downgrader came with.

ddblue
November 13th, 2005, 02:37
Can I use this to hide the corrupted icon I get with the new UMD loader?

-edit: Well, the 33 total spaces method seems to work in reference to hiding the corrupted icon... unfortunately however, it now says it can't load the program. So, I ended up changing it back and just trying to ignore the corrupted icon.

Jdemon
November 13th, 2005, 05:18
I use 30 spaces not 33 or 35, and if your folder name is longer than about 4 or 5 characters you need to shorten it. But it works like a charm.

For Example
FAST1~1%
FAST(30 spaces)1

or
UMDE1~1%
UMDE(30 spaces)1

I'm on a US 1.5