PDA

View Full Version : Favorites! Which Current Console Do You Like Best?

wraggster
June 22nd, 2008, 10:52
How it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, Kotaku reader person. You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. Whatever!

Question: Do you have a favorite current gen console? If so, what?

http://kotaku.com/5018501/favorites-which-current-console-do-you-like-best

oooooomonkeys
June 22nd, 2008, 11:58
PSP 1st all the way for me i love it

gamesquest1
June 22nd, 2008, 14:31
man thats hard lol, i like my wii for most games but its my newest console so maybe it will ware off, but i really like the homebrew developments coming along with it, PSP was becoming my favorite homebre console for the reason i could carry it around with me.....but i broke it and havnt got around to buying a new one, but actually i still check the homebrew news on it and i have to say not much coming out for it no more :( and finally my xbox360 still makes an appearance when i want to play a full blown game which i cant really do on the wii :P, I would love to have a ps3 but i only know one game i would want to pay my hard earned cash on which is metal gear so ill probably just wait till 2020 when they £20 or somthing because they jusy way to expensive with not enougth 'buy this console so you can play this game' titles yeah graphics look amazing but would you want to pay an extra 100-140 pounds on the console itself to get better graphics......i wouldnt i think xbox 360 does it fine......not quite amazing but very good :D

oh and wait there i have still not mentioned my DS lol fantastic way better portable titles than psp in terms of ability to play them when out which is why portables where made really if it wernt to emulators and hombrew im not too sure i would ever have taken my psp out apart from for music

So here it is to top it off

1ST Wii(i know people will mock but wii brings back the idea of gameplay :D)
2ND PSP(Fantastic homebrew scene when i had mine i honestly thought it would surpass xbox 1's)
3rd DS (Hmm pretty much same reason as the wii gameplay as good as SNES days :P)
4th XBOX360 (dont get me wrong its v.Good just only aimed a superficial people who thinks gameplay is all in the graphics)

____anders____
June 22nd, 2008, 14:54
Wii :)

i haven't tried any of the other current gen. consoles:(

Xbox 360 seems to be very fun too, but unfortunatley there's no homebrew, or online play with chip or DVD firmware (without a very big risk of being banned), why have a 360 with no XBL? that's like having a wii without a wiimote imo..

anyway, the PS3 doesn't have any good games (except metal gear) so i won't buy that one, but probably the X360, or i'll stick with my computer..

Unreal Tournament 3 is just amazing:)

1. Wii and PC
2. NDS
3. X360
5. PS3

JKKDARK
June 22nd, 2008, 15:12
Xbox 360 owns

booradley1212
June 22nd, 2008, 15:56
If my modded xbox didn't exist, the list would look like this:

1) Nintendo 64 (Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and Blast Corps and Pilotwings 64 just rocked)

2) Gameboy Advance (Zelda A Link to the Past in my pocket??? Awww yeah!)

3) Super Nintendo

BUT

My modded xbox DOES exist, so that is my favorite system, since it not only emulates all of these systems, but also PSX, and add all the great Xbox games too. XBMC is just spectacular. You can play it online for free. I love it.

JKKDARK
June 22nd, 2008, 16:50
If my modded xbox didn't exist, the list would look like this:

1) Nintendo 64 (Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and Blast Corps and Pilotwings 64 just rocked)

2) Gameboy Advance (Zelda A Link to the Past in my pocket??? Awww yeah!)

3) Super Nintendo

BUT

My modded xbox DOES exist, so that is my favorite system, since it not only emulates all of these systems, but also PSX, and add all the great Xbox games too. XBMC is just spectacular. You can play it online for free. I love it.

But these systems are not from the current generation...

gamesquest1
June 22nd, 2008, 16:58
Xbox 360 owns

yeah lol take it you had to choose which one to get so you have to pretend the rest dont exist, when i first got my xbox 360 i just said to myself ahh well all the others are sh*t, sorry but xbox 360 is just a good at both features wii is better for game play ps3 is better at graphics you cant argue with it apart from if the only games you like are FPS, no veriety oh and a few driving games :P

i have about 11 FPS games for xbox and none stand out for unique gameplay and 4 driving games ....again no uniquness

Harshboy
June 22nd, 2008, 17:17
To me, this is the order of my favorite current gen consoles:

1) Xbox 360 (Graphics, Games, Live, EVERYONE HAS ONE)
2) Wii (Games, Homebrew, Cheap)

(To me, the PS3 is such a pile of crap, it doesn't deserve to be on a list)

PS: I own a Xbox 360 and a Wii (And sadly i tested the PS3 out at a friends house, it sucked.)

Also, this is the order of my favorite current gen handhelds:

1) NDS (Games, Homebrew, Cheap, WFC)
2) PSP (Homebrew...that's it...the games suck)

The only games worth playing on a PSP are Socom and Burnout.

alanparker05
June 22nd, 2008, 17:37
The ps3 is over priced and untill they drop price and more people buy one you just won't see enough games, the wii is brilliant but it is only good for multiplayer and short fun games so it has to be the 360 it is near enough half the cost of ps3 and just about the same performance and you get to choose the specification you want and upgrade if you want

mike_jmg
June 22nd, 2008, 17:44
Favorite current gen console

1) PSP (The most amazing piece of technology money can buy), I just got a slim and it rocks :thumbup:

For the other ones
I want to try out a PS3 but I can't form an opinion based on what I've played at a friend's house, I need to own one and experience suckness by myself :). I'm only interested in 3 or 4 games: DMC4, BOP, Resistance, Killzone 2, so I don't want to buy it just yet. (no, I don't like Metal Gear)
I just remembered a possible GOW 3 (that'll make me buy one in no time)

Same with Xbox 360, it has DMC4 and BOP too I think, maybe Gears of War, but that's it

And for the Wii and NDS, no thank you I've lost my faith in nintendo since the gamecube (back then ps2 kicked ass, and still does :p)

ojdon
June 22nd, 2008, 19:12
I'd say the 360 is the best console out of the three, this generation. I hate how the Wii controls, the lack of games and such. Don't get me started on the PS3... It's a disgrace to Sony's repretation. Even though the 360 is a fairly medicore system it's got the right level of everything, games, looks, controls and no fail-ness.

Handheld wise it has got t be the PSP, it is the ultimate handheld homebrew system. I am amazed by the fact it is that powerful for a handheld of that size. I just can't wait for PSU to come out. >=D

gamesquest1
June 22nd, 2008, 19:39
I'd say the 360 is the best console out of the three, this generation. I hate how the Wii controls, the lack of games and such. Don't get me started on the PS3... It's a disgrace to Sony's repretation. Even though the 360 is a fairly medicore system it's got the right level of everything, games, looks, controls and no fail-ness.

Handheld wise it has got t be the PSP, it is the ultimate handheld homebrew system. I am amazed by the fact it is that powerful for a handheld of that size. I just can't wait for PSU to come out. >=D

HAHA Xbox 360 with no fail-ness, i must be lucky i have had my xbox 360 2 years and never had a RROD but 6 of my friends have and 2 of them have a two RROD machines, if microsoft would have took their time with it yeah it is a good console just not very dependable...........oh not to mention the scratching disks crap i have about 4 games that i can only play half way throught because the console got knocked slightly whilst it was on, i know people say have it on a perfectly flat surface and that, but come on you cant build a protective shrine for your console and shouldnt have too :D

Oh and i know it has lots of good games i just feel like once you have played one good racing game or FPS on xbox 360 all the rest are practically identical.......no veriety

10shu
June 22nd, 2008, 19:52
1- x360: For xboxlive and it s the only console with a wide range of decent game...

2- ps3: Good media player...and have few good exclusive game (metalgear, drake fortune)

3- psp: For the emulator! 20 years of gaming in my pocket that rulez!!!

4- ds: fun little system with an interesting input system. NINTENDO at his best...

5- wii: Not really a game system is it? More like a toy...The wiimote is a gimmick. I don t understand how people can claim the wii bring back the ideas of gameplay when the system as so unprecise controller.
NINTENDO at his worst...I sold mine few months ago

osgeld
June 22nd, 2008, 20:05
360, good price, good graphics, good games

PSP, best portable out there now (unless you missed mario 64 the first time it was out)

wii irritates me for the most part, the mote seems to loose connection mid swing (tiger woods) and other than that 1 gimmick its just a gamepube with some extra power, and the same old nintendo crap i grew board of 2 decades ago

ps3 is an awesome machine, but im not going to spend more on a game console than i did on a brand new pimped out pc for, what, 3 exclusive titles and a bluray player (im sure i care about bluray on my 27inch crt sanyo)

goity
June 22nd, 2008, 21:20
PS3, PSP, and also DS depending how much junk I can bare to siphon through at the time (Phoenix Wright and FF4 luckily outweigh onslaughts of Brain Training, Cooking Mama and Pippa Funnell alikes)

booradley1212
June 22nd, 2008, 22:04
Ohhh so we're talking about CURRENT systems. Ok.

1) PSP - despite its flaws (the absolute worst controls of any system-ever, lack of onboard memory) this system rocks for one reason and one reason only- homebrew! Emulators!!! Even though most of them are too buggy to play the games I want full speed, I can't deny the beauty of playing Advance Wars whereever I go. I love it.

2) Xbox 360 - its a solid machine with a pretty incredible library of games. Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, C&C Tiberium Wars, etc. Personally I'm not THAT crazy about the system, mainly because everything is so damn expensive...but when they finally manage to mod this thing and make it the ultimate media player, it will easily take 1st place.

To me, the PS3 is DOA. There's just no compelling reason to own it. Maybe if they hack it, but I haven't seen much progress on that front.

I hate the DS touchpad. When they go back to classic controls perhaps I'll jump back on the GB bandwagon.

And as for the Wii, although I respect what they're doing with the machine, its not for me. I like my classic style controls.

So for me, it's the PSP and the 360. If you took the emulation factor out of the equation, it would have to be the 360.

WhizzBang
June 22nd, 2008, 22:29
I like the Wii best. I have barely touched my XBox 360 since getting it.

jamotto
June 22nd, 2008, 23:12
1.)PSP

2.)PS3

3.)Xbox 360

Sterist
June 23rd, 2008, 10:16
ps3

but overall, n64 / psp. dead even between the 2.

newb_fo_life
June 23rd, 2008, 21:29
Bah pc :p <<jk jk

Probably....wii,great to have when mates come over:thumbup::thumbup:

kjetil1991
June 23rd, 2008, 21:51
psp and 360 =D

Emulation_Chief
June 24th, 2008, 18:24
Hello:

My all-time favorites are Atari and Dreamcast. If I have to choose from the current generation ones, I choose also the Xbox 360.