PDA

View Full Version : Which emulators actually work properly?

eggsaregood
June 23rd, 2008, 21:15
Can anybody post which emulators they've been successful with?

On v3.3 of the Wii thingumajig and so far:

Megadrive - flawless;
MAME - no;
N64 - loads but Goldeneye runs at 1fps;
SNES - crashes with a rainbow screen

I'd love to know which are tried and tested and worth trying!

Also, how do I add an emulator to the Wii Channels (if indeed you can)?

qwerty11
July 17th, 2008, 10:09
Ok snes runs 100% PERFECT at full 60fps

i got the rainbow screen too but you have to press A to load roms FIRST, anything else will crash it because if no roms are loaded it gets confused and crashes/

NES runs 100% perfect

GBA is kinda lame and has bad fps for now.

kevenz
July 20th, 2008, 16:53
Nes, Genesis and Super Nes works perfectly.

forget about the rest for now.

____anders____
July 20th, 2008, 19:23
isn't the rainbow screen just the default auto loaded rom?

on the wiimote verion i'm using, it autoloads the rainbow screen, which i think is just a color test, i press home+B or something to get to the menu, where i load the rom i want to play..

kenny789
July 28th, 2008, 16:26
I've got Snes9x to work pretty much perfect, Vba Wii again pretty much perfect and I've got Wii64 running Banjo Kazooie at about 16 fps.
I can't get Yabuse Wii to work though.

CxR2262
August 30th, 2008, 00:18
I'm running FCEU (nes), Genesis Plus (genesis), ScummVM (point and click PC games), Snes9XGX (snes), and VBA 172 Wii (gb, gbc, gba) all running great at 100% original speeds and with no control issues.
Wii64 can't load 90%, maybe more like 95%, of ROMs at the moment and seems to only hit a maximum of around 15 fps with huge graphical errors in the ROMs it can run.
Yabause doesn't load ROMs at all for me, nor does any Saturn emulator, so its complete trash so far.

Basically I suggest downloading all the ones I've said work 100%, the other ones are unplayable and just waste SD space the working ones could be using.

kevinleft
September 17th, 2008, 17:12
Fceu is givign me problems everytime i load a rom it says "error " or something along those lines. And if i press something it goes all screwy with these vibrant colours all over the screen. Also does anyone know how to make 2 players with the wiimotes in genplus?

kevenz
September 20th, 2008, 19:39
Worth owning:

FCEUGX 2.0.2 for NES
SNES9XGX 004 for SNES
GENESISPLUSGX for GENESIS
WIIENGINE 1.4 for TURBOGRAPHX 16
VBAGX 1.0.1 for GAMEBOY ADVANCE
SCUMMVM for POINT and CLINK ADVENTURES.
SMSPLUS for SEGA MASTER SYSTEM

Arcade, Nintendo 64, Saturn, Neogeo and Psx aren't ready yet.