PDA

View Full Version : a few questions to ask

Robert91
June 24th, 2008, 01:25
hi there, i just registered and wanted to ask a few question, wich i could not find the awnser for on the web.

there are some pritty neat old dos games out there, that the nintendo ds can handly with ease, is there any way to run like an MS-DOS emulator? it is probaly not out there, becouse if so, then i would probaly already have found it:cool:

second, i found some neat n64 games, is there any adress on the web where people convert these games to work on the DS? or do u just have to be lucky, like with q2ds, wich is special converted.

thank u for any help i can get on any of the questions:thumbup:

Another World
June 24th, 2008, 07:40
no and no are the short answers. you can find articles that explain why both won't work on the nds if you want, just google.

-another world

Robert91
June 24th, 2008, 09:46
ok thanks

DanTheManMS
June 24th, 2008, 20:59
1. There's a proof-of-concept port of DOSbox to the DS, which is unplayable for the most part. Don't bother. If your games are supported by SCUMMVM DS use that instead.

2. Quake 2 DS was not a conversion from the N64, it was a conversion from the PC game which was open-source. Simon took the source and modified it heavily to work on the DS. N64 games by themselves cannot be run on the DS at all, in any way, shape or form.