PDA

View Full Version : PSP 1000 or PSP Slim

kodimu123
June 24th, 2008, 14:33
Hello, I've recently been thinking about getting a psp to play psx games and so on but im not sure which psp to get? Is the old psp better compatability wise or is the slim just as good? Im asking this because I recently bought the FF7 special edition PSP slim and I fancy playing my old final fantasy games on it but I dont want to risk damaging of any sort so should I buy a psp 1000 to do this or can i use the slim? Thanks.

mike_jmg
June 24th, 2008, 17:57
both have the same compatability, cause it depends on the custom firmware version you're runing

You can use your slim for this purpose

kodimu123
June 24th, 2008, 20:46
Thank you :) is there any sort of damage that could occur? I dont want to risk loosing it as it is a special edition :)

Thanks.

mateo_salta
June 24th, 2008, 22:01
of course you can allways damage it, espasally if you dont know what your doing, and from the sond of it you dont.
Put the limited editon one on the shelf in a locked display case, or sell it on ebay for 600 dollars and buy four psps. you s\houldnt even be breathing on that.

mike_jmg
June 26th, 2008, 17:50
Mine is a special edition too, GOW deep red psp slim and it is fine.
Just get someone who can put custom firmware on it for you and be sure that he knows what he's doing. Also, ask him to back up your nand, it might save you one day

amy1334
October 11th, 2008, 12:39
Hey
i want a psp slim for the same reason,
Trouble is how would i know which firmware version i'd be getting? Is there any certain version that cannot be downgraded? And i hear that there are 2 motherboards and that only one can be used for homebrew? Could somebody tell me how i'd know which motherboard version i'd be getting?

I used to have a psp-1000 And was really into the homebrew untill it broke a good few years ago, so i've been out of the homebrew scence for a while, so sorry for all the noob questions! :p

Wally
October 11th, 2008, 13:26
you can never tell these days.

All PSPs can be downgraded with Pandora. (except PSP-3000 I believe)

Wally

Eviltaco64
October 11th, 2008, 15:07
The newest revision of the PSP-2000 can't be hacked as far as I know (PSP-TA088V3). If you want one brand new, I'm sure that's all they'd have unless you goto an unpopular store for video games.

I think they ship with Firmware 4.0+