PDA

View Full Version : New Fenix for Dreamcast tutorials!

pauljake
October 4th, 2005, 19:45
Some little time ago, I was asked by chui if I could make some examples of Fenix for Dreamcast, and that gave me an idea... why don't make some source code examples instead of a boring theoretician tutorial? So I started making two new tutorials: the first is an easy "Hello World" example, and the second is how saving to VMU works on Fenix for Dreamcast (but this one will work only in the next release of Fenix, but give it a look, I'm sure you will learn something from it!). All code is explained line by line! I don't want to make any promise, but I'm thinking to make more tutorials in the near future (maybe some introduction to basic calculations, processes and scrolling routines, and some kind of introduction to Fenix for Dreamcast).
The downloads are available at my new homepage (be sure to check it out! :D ): http://pineapplesoft.sitesled.com. Enjoy!

chui
October 5th, 2005, 01:14
Thanks pauljake!

New Fenix runtime available coming soon!

pauljake
October 5th, 2005, 04:22
Oh! I saw that you made an official release of your SDL driver, I'm sure that everything will work good now ;). I really have to thank you a lot for porting Fenix to Dreamcast! :D

Redeemer
October 19th, 2005, 22:22
Great tutorials, this is just what I've been looking for.

pauljake
October 21st, 2005, 19:58
Thanks a lot! I'm still working on them, and my idea is to teach how to make a scrolling game with no previous programming knowledge at all. They are going to suffer some "pause" for some little time because I'm very busy with the study, but development is continued, so stay tuned!