PDA

View Full Version : New SFII HD Remix shots

Shrygue
June 25th, 2008, 19:56
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=191677)

It's old-school Street Fighter II, but with nice, HD sprites, online modes and ACHIEVEMENT POINTS. That's an insta-buy, surely.

These shots are taken from the beta version of the game on XBLA, which you'll have got access to by purchasing Capcom's top-down shooter, Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3.

The full game isn't expected out until autumn.

Screenshots (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=199908)

beetroot bertie
June 25th, 2008, 20:50
Those screens and the the high-def sprites look lovely.
Reminds me a bit of when I first saw Guilty Gear X on the Dreamcast.

I think I would have prefered SF III or SF Alpha/Zero 3 get this treatment though.

Can you imagine Marvel Vs Capcom 2 with HD sprites - how cool would that be :D

mooseknuckle2000
June 25th, 2008, 21:07
this is going to sell like crazy especially being released close to the release of SFIV. I too wish they would make an HD remake of the Marvel vs. Capcom games...that would be a must buy for sure.

Baboon
June 26th, 2008, 11:03
The SF2 HD remix beta is live but its currently a very poor effort.

It was a cunning plan for Capcom to get people (well SF nuts like myself) to have to purchase Commando 3 to get our hands on the beta... and yet its so 'broke' that its not really playable at all. If you can connect at all without live dieing then your very lucky... also how broken Ken is by allways winning from juggling dragon punches make the currecnt beta (even though its been stated that the dragon punch thing has since been resolved for the final build) not worth the effort of playing.

I also think the game looks like something designed in adobe flash. The characters and backgrounds look nice but they tend to glide around the screen and lack the frames of animation of SF3... and I know they want to keep the game faithful to the original game regarding animation frames but it currently just doesn't work.

Considering this is only about 8 weeks away till an actual release this seems like a very early version of a beta. lol

I just feel sorry for PS3 owners because if this 360 beta is having all these unpredicted problems on its first day of testing how on earth is the final ps3 version going to play without the public beta testing release that the 360's had? lol