PDA

View Full Version : PSP AVI Player... yes its true

psp411
June 26th, 2008, 04:38
I downloaded this psp avi player a while back off of a torrent site( I know, I know... dont trust content from uncertified places). Anyways, I tested it and it works nicely. When I downloaded it, it had no author or instructions on how to use it. I'm not sure whether this app has been known by the community, so if it is, I'm sorry fro reposting it. Anyways here it is:

Installation:
Currently, it can only be used on psp's with the 1.5 kernel installed on it. I havn't converted it because I havn't had the time to really do so. Im sure someone can do that and resubmit it.

Copy the contents of the rar file into the game150 folder (located in ms0:<PSP<GAME150)

If you don't have this folder, then create it. Remember, IT will ONLY WORK ON THE 1.5 KERNEL UNTILL ITS CONVERTED INTO THE 3.XX KERNEL.

How to use PSP AVI Player:
1.Copy your favourite video files to anywhere on your memorystick ( I usually use the video folder located in ms0).
2. Start PSP AVI Player and use circle (O) to select to the folder in which the videos are located
3. The player will load and start playing video.

(^)= Change Screen resolution
(X)= Cancel/go back
(o)= Select
start= pause
(L)= restart video
(R)= next video
(<) = Rewind
(>)= Fast Fwd
([])= View video Info (i.e. framerate/ time/vol/resolution)

Known Playable Formats:
wmv, avi, mpeg, mov, mpg

Known Problems
Even though it can play the above formats, I've found that I've had to convert some of my videos to different video formats (mostly mpg) before it would perform flawlessly. If it doesn't work with the videos you try to watch, it will crash the psp. Other than that, it performs well.

Hope you enjoy this. :D :cool:

Give feedback in comments

pibs
June 26th, 2008, 09:07
Is the player in Japanese, because I remember one that sounds alot to what you are describing. And yes it did work exactly the way you said it does, which I saw a hassle of still having to convert the video.

psp411
June 26th, 2008, 16:18
Is the player in Japanese, because I remember one that sounds alot to what you are describing. And yes it did work exactly the way you said it does, which I saw a hassle of still having to convert the video.

nah, its in english... I'm not sure if its a port to the japanese one... I've searched to see if there were any updates for this app and I havn't found anything (brobably lookin for the wrong thing i guess) but anyway, If its the same thing as before, I'm sorry for reposting old news.

jamotto
June 26th, 2008, 20:08
Just search for PSPlayerMT, it was released sometime around 03/16/2006 by a unknown programmer in Korea. It was translated to English and renamed PDVX.

flaminfox
June 26th, 2008, 20:37
or you can use psptube as well, to play divx/avi files on the psp.