PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live '06 Review

YourStillWithMe
October 5th, 2005, 23:37
It's time for the review of the ever popular franchise NBA Live (Originally started back in 95' on Sega and Super Nintendo)

Controls- 7 out of 10

its a 7 out of 10 because the feel of not having a second analog is just ridiculous and im so used to the PS2 format of controls. There are a few adjustments to the controls and you miss out on such things as the select button calling a timeout, direct passing and the offball control but EA made the main things stick out. You have the superstar controls as you would for Xbox or PS2, [] is to do crossover as opposed to the analog (NBA Live 03 days. . .) and holding [] does the pro hop. Everything you NEED is pretty much there it just hard to get into the PS2 or Xbox version and the PSP one.
Once you get used to these controls im sure you will be loving your beloved T-Mac, Kevin Garnett (My fav player) Kyle Korver, Gerald Green, etc. etc.

Sound- 9 out of 10

ok when you shoot a shot and it hits the rim and bounces off the backboard than in. . . .you know it! When you make the shot perfectly and swish it. . . you know it! When you slam dunk over Tim Duncan or Allen Iverson not only will you know it . . .but they will! The commentary is very good. Ernie Johnson, Kenny "The Jet" Smith is along for the ride, Steve Kerr, and Al Michaels are back as they would be on the other consoles, and the crowd is also there and reacts to a home teams pros and cons! Also the soundtrack is THE EXACT SAM as the consoles (Fort minor song is my favorite. . .even though i dont lik Linkin Park much. . .)

Gameplay and loading time- 10 out of 10

Yup, it's perfect. When I played the Slam Dunk Contest I WENT NUTS! I picked Darius Miles and pulled off the Vince Carter Elbow In The Rim Jam and it was pretty much EXACTLY how it feels on the PS2. You have NEW TOSSES in this game and all the same dunks. Just remember them from the ps2 and xbox and your golden! The 3 point shootout is nuts! (Kirk Hinrich owns that mode) Its just as intense as it is on PS2! Ball pickup is smooth, characters REAL shooting form i used, commentary is funny at times, it's chill. The ACTUAL season and game is great. If a person is a bad rebounder they'll get boxed out all day, if you got a good scorer he'll make a shot if hes wide open (as opposed to nba live 05 haha) The game flows very smoothly and there isnt any sketchy loading times in between shots, blocks, dunks, etc. etc. Before the game you see the player intros, halftime you see key players, you see the players sit at the bench before a game, you see the coach, and everything else that happened before the game on other systems! The loading time is probably one of the best i've seen on PSP!!!!!!

Graphics- 10 out of 10

Yup 10 out of 10 mofo. Hinrich looks like Hinrich, Lebron looks like Lebron, Damon Stoudemire looks like himself, Sam Cassell looks like himself, etc. etc. The CROWD looks VERY GOOD, even the ref looks good! The graphics are unbelievable and even more unbelievable because of the loading time!!!
This game is fun.

Replay value- 6 out 10
Other than the sweet slam dunk contest, 3 pt shootout and the season you go through its not a dynasty :( I love the dynasty mode! I love scouting the players and stuff. So once you go through your 29, 58 or 82 game dynasty its kind of boring other than the dunk contest. I'm sure that playing VS mode with your friends is cool though. . . (I dont have a lot of friends that like basketball) So basically, it wont entertain you forever! but its worth a buy!

overall - 8 out 10

This game is worth a buy but be ready to get used to a view tweaked controls and a weak replay value. Those are the only 2 downfalls to this game I feel.

Enjoy this game you SHOULD love it

and this has been another Review by YourStillWithMe!

P.S-Incase you care this game comes with a 1.52 update. . .I just thought i'd say that to let people know the 2.01 umd update has not been released on this game. . .if you upgrade just go to 2.00 and downgrade people. (I dont know which version of the downgrade is SAFER though. . .RESEARCH!) I use the first released one worked twice for me :)

as I leave all my other EA sports Reviews

EA Sports It's In The Game

Kaiser
October 6th, 2005, 04:09
Nice Reviews YSWM keep them coming.