PDA

View Full Version : Beup 30e problem

lohtse
July 4th, 2008, 15:03
Hi All

Hope some one can help.

Have installed beup for my daughter on her dslite with r4 adpter thing. and have the following problem with beup(latest ver on this forum) goes through login process but fails with following message.

SSL connect failed
Authentication failed.

All other online games and apps work (except the mail app) online fine such as mario karts and dsorganiser's browser. so seems to be a beup issue.

please help as would be a bonus for our daughter.

regards
Lohtse

GJHmf
July 11th, 2008, 11:39
Yes, this happens to me now also. It worked fine two weeks ago.

This is what was written in the comments with v3.0e was released on May 17th 2007. "This is a patched version of the Beup Live 0.3e DLDI ROM for Nintendo DS by HtheB. Microsoft sometimes changes the IP-address of the MSN Passport server so the ROM can't connect. The problem is that the ROM is using hardcoded IP-adresses instead of looking up the server's DNS. So until a version which supports DNS-lookups has been released I'll patch the ROM with a new IP whenever it changes. Simply put, this fixes the problem with "SSL connect failed". Enjoy"

I guess the MSN IP-addresses have changed again, so the ROM needs re-patching.

lohtse
July 11th, 2008, 13:07
Hi and thank you for your reply..

Am not sure I read your reply correctly. Have you already re patched the app or will you be doing so??

regards
Lohtse

masterchief929
July 11th, 2008, 16:09
u need to re patch it with DLDI

GJHmf
July 11th, 2008, 18:29
It was previously repatched and posted on here I believe. I'm just a user.

lohtse
July 11th, 2008, 21:00
I also thought it had been patched so unless dldi is new wiould not make any dif

GJHmf
July 15th, 2008, 09:21
@lohtse

Yes, it seems Beup was previously repatched when MSN changed their IP addresses just over a year ago.

I can only assume that since the same old SSL message is appearing again, MSN have once again changed their IP addresses. Therefore, someone (not me) needs to patch Beup again now.

I can no longer get on the developer's official site on this app, so sadly I'm not expecting any immediate updates.

trogan2000
July 18th, 2008, 00:01
hey all seems like beup live is down again as everyone is getting an error and so am i. wonder when we get a fix (hopefully soon and good job all u dev's and homebrew guys love all ur work

lohtse
July 18th, 2008, 08:41
LOL:D Have you not been reading the thread trogan??? that's what we have been talking about.:D:D:D

trogan2000
July 20th, 2008, 08:41
yeah ive been reading it

nds81
January 21st, 2009, 03:48
What do you guys mean by patch? this is also happening to me .... my beup can't connect!

Santas Evil Helper
February 1st, 2009, 11:16
Good news people!
Beup is getting fixed by the original author :) check his site HtheB NDS Development (http://www.htheb.com/flash/index.html)
If you click homepage and check the news post from 29/01 -09 he is fixing up Beup right now :thumbup:

Hope this will be good news :rolleyes:

carlitx
February 2nd, 2009, 01:53
Wow he finally got a clue and decided to fix it. and judging by how often the site is updated, this could take a while -_-

Dr.Shadow
February 5th, 2009, 10:04
Finally

He Has The Time

I Hope After The Update He Keeps Updating