PDA

View Full Version : CFW 4.00 - is it still worth upgrading to?

marzsyndrome
July 5th, 2008, 15:59
I remember asking about whether to upgrade on here before around the time of 3.90. It was generally recommended back then that I stick with 3.71, which I have.

Now 4.00 and 4.01 have come out, I might as well ask the same question again - is it worth upgrading now, or are there still some bugs? Are PSX save/game icons sorted out, how's Popsloader etc?

Cheers.

marzsyndrome
July 7th, 2008, 04:12
No-one got anything to suggest then???

pun1sh3r
July 10th, 2008, 00:26
Yeah it's worth it...or at least 3.80, then you'll never need to worry about the hassle of updating...you can use Network Update!

Indrux_12
July 11th, 2008, 17:47
well, my psp has had problems with Custom XMB ever since i updated. There is this thing under my plugins that says: cxmb.pprx [vsh]
and whenever i enable it, my psp won't start up. whenever its disabled, my psp will start up, but won't show the custom themes. on earlier versions (3.93 m33 for example) i was able to enable that and my custom themes would work fine. idk, if you could figure out how to get those working i'd say 4.01 was bug free.

skipore
July 13th, 2008, 03:55
I read somewhere that they fixed some things on custom themes but I cant remember what. I havent had any problems with 4.01m33-2 thou I dont have custom themes. I dont think it will hurt thou.

pun1sh3r
July 15th, 2008, 04:01
Don't use the plugin, search PSP themes and put any file you download in \PSP\THEME. The old method of themes was hackish, now it's copied by Sony and made much easier.

dangee
July 15th, 2008, 08:58
well, my psp has had problems with Custom XMB ever since i updated. There is this t...

I still use CXMB in m33 for a custom gameboot.
Its very sensitive to f/w changes, so you maybe need to install a more recent cxmb.prx, &| vsh resources