PDA

View Full Version : Max Size for Magic Memory Stick?

Plxply
July 6th, 2008, 18:38
Hello,

I'm sorry if this question has been answered before but when I tried to use the search it just came up with a error.

I have recently purchased a PSP Slim, the firmware that It came with is the original 3.80 that I have not changed. I have also purchased a "Datel Tool Battery (PSP Slim)" from Amazon UK.

I currently have a 4GB Sandisk Memory card, although I have heard that there is a maximum size for the memory card, if this is true what is the maximum size?

Also once I get the correct Memory stick and I recieve the battery, do you have a guide you could recommend as most I have found are quite old, and I don't want to hurt my new PSP :)

Thanks for your help in advance,

jonezybaby
July 6th, 2008, 18:58
has to be an official sony or sandisk memory stick pro duo and im sure 4gb is fine to use, i used a 1gb 2 be safe ;)

Plxply
July 6th, 2008, 19:53
Thanks for the help, It probably is official as I bought it from Play.com and the PSP reports it supports Magic Gate which I would assume with be more expensive for fake cards to replicate.

If for example I do use the 4GB card and for whatever reason it goes wrong will I easily be able to buy a smaller one and Install a different firmware?

jarshale
July 10th, 2008, 00:46
As far as I know, there isnt a max size, but I remember there being a minimum. i think it was 512 or 256

mike_jmg
July 10th, 2008, 17:32
Minimum is 256MB and the maximum size is 4GB, I've used 4GB and it works fine

Shrygue
July 10th, 2008, 20:13
Well, there is an 8GB stick available to get, not sure if you can get any higher. Haven't got one myself but I'm sure it should work.

Plxply
July 11th, 2008, 20:50
Thanks for your help everyone, I just recieved my battery today and it worked perfectly with a 4GB Memory Stick.

Do you have any suggestions for any useful applications or emulators?

So far I have tried:

PSPTube
Bookr
CTorrent
IRShell
Daedalus
Snes9x
GPSP

Also I have also found out how to make backups of some of my games so now I can run them without having to bring lots of discs with me, although now my Games section the XMB is quite full, is there a easy way to organise it with folders or somthing?