PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen In Talks With Activision Over GH Game?

JKKDARK
July 7th, 2008, 18:09
via TVG (http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Van_Halen_In_Talks_With_Activision_Over_GH_Game_13 456_7380_0.htm)

Activision may be in talks with Van Halen about "showcasing" the band in an upcoming Guitar Hero game.

Or at least that's what the Wall Street Journal is suggesting, stating the following in an article about the release of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith: "A version of Guitar Hero featuring the metal band Metallica is due out within the next year, and Activision is in serious discussions with Van Halen about showcasing that band in Guitar Hero as well, people familiar with the matter say."

We're not quite sure who these "familiar with the matter" people are (we don't hang out around Wall Street enough to know), but Activision's CEO Robert Kotick has previously hinted at the possibility.

Speaking at a Morgan Stanley Technology Conference last March, Kotick seemed to let the cat out of the bag a little by saying, "So our attitude is, if we're breaking bands or creating this much enthusiasm, and you are reaching a whole new group of consumers, six to 11 year-old consumers, who are being exposed to Aerosmith for the first time or Van Halen for the first time, wherever it might be, we need to capture much more of that upside opportunity."

This is not so much the case for Led Zeppelin, with the same Wall Street Journal article suggesting that the band has turned down previous offers to license its music for use in Rock Band and Guitar Hero games.

It seems the band is reluctant to let outsiders use its master tapes, with Q Prime Management (which represents Led Zeppelin) Partner, Peter Mensch, stating that "It ain't about the money". Maybe it'll take a whole lotta love then.

____anders____
July 8th, 2008, 17:23
another guitar hero?
i've never liked GH, but alot of people do..

just wanted to say one thing....

..JUMP! :p

Eviltaco64
July 8th, 2008, 20:23
You really got me now sounded kinda bleh on GHII. It would be nice if they put the real song on this one if it comes out :)

Then again, I've grown to hate Guitar Hero