PDA

View Full Version : PSP Quake

pun1sh3r
July 7th, 2008, 22:31
The new Quake is great, full resolution, keyboard for console commands...but I think it only works on slim.

I first put it on my brother's new PSP slim and it took about a minute or two loading the .md2 files, the second time I loaded it on the slim it didn't load the files. Does it keep the stuff on the flash?

On my fat PSP, the psp light dims and the screen goes black. The light is dim enough to think the psp is off, so I flick the power switch and the light is bright as normal and the PSP appears to be bricked. I take out the battery, put it back it, and turn it on...same thing. I took the memory stick out and put the battery in, the PSP works again...so I put the memory stick back in.

It never said it was exclusive to slim...but it seems like it.

pun1sh3r
July 7th, 2008, 23:26
Shit...ever since I ran Quake, ALL my homebrew does the same thing that Quake did except no dim light...but I have to take the memory stick out before starting the PSP up again or it'll act like it's bricked! WTF!

I took my brothers memory stick, and the same shit works when it didn't work with my memory stick. Music and Movies still work on my memory stick.

...I didn't try Quake on his MS, but Quake is the thing that started all this.
(wow...by the looks of things, this is a very inactive site.)

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2008, 23:32
Shit...ever since I ran Quake, ALL my homebrew does the same thing that Quake did except no dim light...but I have to take the memory stick out before starting the PSP up again or it'll act like it's bricked! WTF!

I took my brothers memory stick, and the same shit works when it didn't work with my memory stick. Music and Movies still work on my memory stick.

...I didn't try Quake on his MS, but Quake is the thing that started all this.
(wow...by the looks of things, this is a very inactive site.)

I don't think Quake is the reason for this happening, as I've used PSPQuake for hours with no problems.

Though its not beyond the realm of possibility. My PSP Slim did the same thing with its power light, but it wouldn't boot up at all. Had to return it. I never used Quake when this happened. Make sure your in 1.50 kernal mode, unless it was a release for Slim specifically.

And yeah, DCEmu is dying, mainly due to the server issues. :( Most people can't stay logged in say they say screw this and leave. Other then that, its getting dreary again.

pun1sh3r
July 7th, 2008, 23:44
I don't think Quake is the reason for this happening, as I've used PSPQuake for hours with no problems.

Though its not beyond the realm of possibility. My PSP Slim did the same thing with its power light, but it wouldn't boot up at all. Had to return it. I never used Quake when this happened. Make sure your in 1.50 kernal mode, unless it was a release for Slim specifically.

And yeah, DCEmu is dying, mainly due to the server issues. :( Most people can't stay logged in say they say screw this and leave. Other then that, its getting dreary again.

This is with my regular fat PSP. I'm in 1.50 kernal mode...

pun1sh3r
July 7th, 2008, 23:47
I'm going to try deleting everything(I have backup), format, and put it back on...but I have old USB with slow transfer rate. :/

I tried hooking up a high speed usb thing to my computer but it wont work.(getting a little off-topic.)

pun1sh3r
July 8th, 2008, 03:40
Alright, thanks for the help...although I found my problem myself just like mah last problem.

The music plugin wasn't compatable with my 4.01 M33...I'll have to get that one that does. The one that does apparently works with homebrew too!

pun1sh3r
July 8th, 2008, 03:40
It all makes sense now! My brother's card doesn't have that plugin!

bah
July 8th, 2008, 11:23
You should really wait more than 55 mins before double posting to let us all know noone had helped you with your problem.

Shadow gave good advice about PSPQuake not being the cause.

If you had not realised you had enabled a plugin, especially one that you were unsure of its functioning with your firmware version, let alone mentioned it in your post then you cannot really be upset that no one here is so psychic at to know things even you are not conscious of.

Alright...although I found my problem myself just like mah last problem.

You say that as if it is a bad thing.

pun1sh3r
July 9th, 2008, 23:25
You should really wait more than 55 mins before double posting to let us all know noone had helped you with your problem.
Sorry...with how huge these forums are, I mistakingly assumed it would be extremely active.

Shadow gave good advice about PSPQuake not being the cause.
Yes...that's why I thanked him for the useful information in finding the problem. However it wasn't a direct fix, and I don't blame him for that.
I just should've said "thanks for the help", cause whether or not it was a solution...it's still help.

Bad wording...
---------
Okay...I seem to have "an infraction" for not editing my last minute comment into my last post.
What exactly does it do? I really don't see a disadvantage cause I can still post...

bah
July 10th, 2008, 11:07
Infractions may or may not carry points.

When you get a certain number you get a temp ban I think, it's more to let you know the mods disliked something than to 'punish' you really.
Double posting is about as minor as you car get, dont worry about it at all. :)