PDA

View Full Version : datel tool pandora battery problem

neithcat
July 7th, 2008, 23:09
So I have a datel tool pandora battery that I used to install cfw on my psp. I fully charged it when I first used it, when I was done I put it in its box. This was a few months ago.

Today I want to install cfw on a friends psp. I assumed the battery would hold its charge. When I put it in my psp it is detected to have a 0% charge and it won't increase.

Is the battery dead? Perhaps the psp reads it as empty but it still is charged? Please let me know what you think the problem is.

synthetic_h8
July 8th, 2008, 02:49
i think your best option would be to put it in a psp without a magic memory stick to charge it. If that doesn't work, i don't know what to tell you.

phrozenfeonix
July 9th, 2008, 03:18
jumper the outer 2 pins. In other forums, people suggest doing so with a 3.8v .75a lightbulb (common in maglites with 3 D or C cell batteries). Personally, i've used a thin piece of wire and jumper for no more than half a second (make sure it has firm contact, remove wire. I've performed this over the last couple days with both a fat and slim battery, with no ill effects. Batteries will resume charging as per the norm.